“Unexpected excellence”

The Restaurant at Convict Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Convict Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine at The Restaurant at Convict LakeJust 10 Minutes from Mammoth Lakes!The Restaurant at Convict Lake is widely recognized as the finest restaurant in the Eastern Sierra and a "locals" choice for special occasions. Dine in a romantic and casually elegant location just 10 minutes from Mammoth Lakes across from the Mammoth/Yosemite Airport.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The restaurant at Convict Lake Resort is truly excellent. The Sea Bass we had was not only cooked to perfection it came with vegetables and Mango that were prepared just right. The waiter Steve surprised us by knowing precisely and in great detail how the various dished were prepared by the chef. Deserts were equally delicious. Altogether a great dining experience.

2  Thank Johan V

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our group stopped by this restaurant while exploring the lakes along Highway 395. This is a rather small restaurant, I don't think you can seat more than 30 patrons at a time (I would definitely recommend making reservations). We ordered the beef wellington, steak, and the special (it was a halibut dish). The dishes were all well prepared and service was impeccable. The wait staff was very attentive and exhibited professionalism at all times. One of the members in my group stated that the food was better than any they had at the Ahwahnee Lodge in Yosemite. My only wish is that there be more options than just mashed potatoes. But, that is a "gripe" as the mashed potatoes were very good. Finally, the Banana Foster was an absolute delight and finished the meal with "flair."

1  Thank al_traveler_10
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are staying at Convict Lake Resort and had dinner tonight at the Restaurant. It truly was one of the best meals that my husband and I have ever had. I had the trout and the flavor was fantastic. My husband had the filet and it was so tender and tasty, it was unbelievable. For desert, we shared the homemade banana , toasted coconut, almond, chocolate ice cream which I had to order as it had all of my favorite things in it. The entire meal was a "burst of flavor in every bite, It is truly a top restaurant yet a casual feel in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had high expectations for The Restaurant at Convict Lake since it was rated # 2 in Mammoth Lakes. What I experience did not match their rating. The staff was friendly. The food was over priced. The appetizers were good but the entrees were terrible. My granddaughter ordered a steak that was over cooked and had to be sent back. Her father ordered beef wellington which was also overcooked. My steak was cooked okay but the vegetables were limp and mash potatoes was the only potato option. Not very high class for a $40 dollar steak. My other granddaughter's plate was so hot that it would have burned her if she would have touched it. Not very good to set in front of a hungry 3 year old. Needless to say I will not be going back to The Restaurant.

1  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We recently stayed in the cabins and fished at Convict Lake. While there we discovered The Restrurant @ Convict Lake. This place is well apointed w/ white table clothes & nice wine glasses. The dress is casual (out door camping casual), but the food is not. There are steaks, sea food, and many other delights. My wife had the special which was surf and turf. It was a beautiful filet w/ scollips. She said the best she had ever had. I had Beef Wellington. So tender you could of cut it w/ a fork. For desert there was Bananas Foster (flaming) w/ homemade Ice cream. We ate there twice in the three nights we stayed there. My wife commented she loves this kind of camping.
Take your wife camping and spoil her. She will love you for it. PS our waitress was Danica (she was wonderful)