“Delicious food, terrible service”
Review of Thai'd Up

Thai'd Up
Ranked #63 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Delicious food, terrible service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We normally love to eat at Thaid Up when we go to Mammoth and are willing to put up with very slow service because we love the food. Our last visit was the worst! We were told that there would be an hour wait for pick up food, however it ended up taking approximately two and half hours -- all while we had to wait! The reason we were given was that the cook was too busy for to go orders. The comp that we received was a small dish of ice cream. Not going there again -- no food is worth this disastrous service!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 11Deborah

SoCal
“Excellent, Fresh Thai!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a must place for good fresh Thai food! They will fix to the degree of hotness you like, including mild! So yummy!! Always go there when in Mammoth!

• Visited April 2014
Yorba Linda, California
“Expensive”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have always ordered our food "To Go" since the dining room is small and the waits can be long. The food is okay but nothing out of the ordinary. And, even for a ski town where restaurants a tend to charge a lot, this place is expensive so feeding a family adds up.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 19er
Pittsford, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just terrible and arrogant place that I've never seen in USA.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I dis not eat in this super arrogant restaurant. So it's not about their food.
We just wanted to eat some Asian food in this nice calm area. We went to this busy & small restaurant.
The lady at the front desk told us to wait for 35 - 40m. And we gave our phone number so that she can call us when the table is ready. We came back after 30m without her calling us. She just said arrogantly "I called you 3 times but no answer. So if you want, just wait again 20m". My phone is working well and no missed call from any number.
She didn't say sorry neither. This kind of attitude, I've never seen in USA and in all over the places where I've been before (I am not a tourist, I live in NY state and I am used to the traditionally excellent service in US restaurants). Just unacceptable attitude.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank pidajou
Hamburg
“Vegans go there... go vegan.. ;-)”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

They can make just about anything vegetarian/vegan style. HALLELUJAH!!!! So delicious we went two days in a row while visiting Mammoth. Really enjoyed everything we had from the menu. The spice level is adjusted to Americans so order the dishes Thai-hot if you prefer ist spiced up. I really love the place and the staff was really helpful and nice!

• Visited September 2013