“amazing steaks and service in Mammoth”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mogul Restaurant

Mogul Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Menlo Park, California
“amazing steaks and service in Mammoth”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I ate here once before, maybe two years ago, and enjoyed it. This time I was with a friend and we enjoyed the food so much that we are here twice. They have a quite excellent salad bar, especially for early October in the mountains of Mammoth Lakes. Between the two nights my friend an I had four different main courses, each of which was excellent.

The service model is a little odd but it works -- your server is also your cook / grill person, and sees personally to the preparation of your main dish. It worked well as on each night, with two different servers, my friend and I were very happy with the service as well as the food.

The wine list is reasonable (not vast, but not tiny) and prices were not outrageous.

All in all, I'll add this to my list of regular haunts in Mammoth Lakes.

• Visited October 2013

Palmdale, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a find!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have been coming to Mammoth Lakes for years and never knew about this restaurant until reading reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was excellent! I had the New York steak which was cooked perfectly and my son had the salmon, which he loved. The restaurant is very charming and the staff is very friendly. We are already looking forward to our next meal there.

• Visited October 2013
Bearsted, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We selected this restaurant based on reviews from others on Tripadvisor, we were not as impressed as some but it certainly wasn't a bad experience. Situated just off the main drag into Mammouth Lakes it is easy to find with ample parking available. Although they are noted for their steaks I found their pan fried Hake to be very good. My wife's steak was good but not the best she has had. Yes we would return if we were in the area.

Visited September 2013
Modesto, Ca
“New York steak melts in your mouth!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Dinner was excellent. Steak was prepared to my liking. Gorgonzola butter on my steak was yummy. Service was superb. Waiter paid attention to every detail at our table. If you are looking for a steak and baked potatoe dinner this is the place in Mammoth.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Memoies
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here after our receptionist recommended it. There was a 10 minute wait however it was definitely worth it!! Our waited was Rusty, he was very knowledgable on what went best with each meat/fish choice. The foods cooked in front of you on a massive Grill, so it's a pretty cool experience.
The Cajun spiced trout with caper sauce is excellent.

Visited August 2013