WINNER WONDERLAND

“I love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmy's Taverna

Jimmy's Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 88 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Yasas! Jimmy's Taverna welcomes you. Join us for the freshest seafood, wood-grilled meats and the most innovative appetizers in Mammoth. Our chefs are classically trained, our service is superb, and our decor is gorgeous. Our world-class wine and spirit selections pair perfectly with our Mediterranean fare making every meal an event. Reservations are recommended.
Los Angeles, California
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place is to die for. I had no idea that greek seafood was even something to eat. I've always been a spanikopita kind of gal. But, the food is fantastic-- from the basic hummus and pita to the octopus, prawns and fresh squid. The dolmas are lovely and the lambkofta juicy and sweet. What do they put in it? A big recommend!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such great food, such great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The scallops were great, the appetizers fantastic. Gotta love the view and the wonderfully lighted dining room! It's such a warm, inviting atmosphere! You walk upstairs and it's just lovely!

Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“Nice upscale Greek restaurant with fresh crafted delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a great meal at Jimmy's Taverna. Our favorite item was the saganaki, which is flaming cheese. We spread it on the house bread and it was delicious! It was the perfect amount to share for 3-4 people. We also had the hummus appetizer, beet salad the chicken gyros and lamb gyros. You can get your sandwich with a side of Kale, which was great or with oregano fries that my son ordered, which was also great. We really liked the greek yogurt, honeycomb and fruit dessert and the custard in phyllo was also delicious. The baklava was a bit too nutty but it was the only low point of the meal. Stephanie was our server and she was attentive, knowledgeable and very helpful.

Don't be confused by the entrance. There are two restaurants in one building. You go downstairs for the Red Lantern and upstairs for Jimmy's Taverna. We were a little confused but the host quickly stepped in and helped us out.

We were also charmed by the decor. The blue ceiling, cool lighting, and mosaic tile floor were great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Among the best Greek restaurants ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We spent three days in Mammoth Lakes and fortunately went to Jimmy's Taverna on the first evening. We came back again and again on the following days. Our kids are quite picky but they loved it! We tried almost everything on their menu and everything was at least very good, many things were excellent! We especially loved the octopus, fried cheese with ouzo and the gyro.

Ooltewah, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect venue for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I cannot wait any longer say what an amazing experience we had at Jimmy Taverna's last weekend for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. From the welcome, to the room ambience, to the wait staff, to the amazing food, it was the best rehearsal dinner I've ever experienced and I have been to many since I am a wedding coordinator and have well over a hundred weddings under my belt. It was wonderful to have this for my own son's wedding.

Thank you so much for working with me to make this a great experience. Please thank your chefs for putting together an amazing vegetarian menu. It was awesome and even my "non-vegetarian" guests were very impressed. Not only was it delicious, but very plentiful. The menu went way beyond my expectations.

I'm not sure when I'll be back to this part of the country, but you can bet I'll be dining at JT when I return. Out of 5 stars, I give you a 10 :).

• Visited June 2014