“Big let-down”
Review of Campo

Campo
Reserve with OpenTable
Campo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Big let-down”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had visited Campo the year before and had a really nice lunch, so came back for dinner this year expecting good things.
I ordered duck confit which sounded delicious. As I understand it, a confit is marinated and cooked slowly for several hours until it is meltingly tender. What I got were 2 tough, fried duck legs that were raw in the middle. Not a confit.
My partner ordered one of their speciality pizzas. The wrong pizza arrived. They did immediately take it away and within 10 minutes the right pizza arrived. However this one had not been cooked properly and the dough was almost raw.
The restaurant was very busy & our waiter pretty surly.
Not a good experience and will not return.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank S1den1g

Orange County, CA
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had an $8 salad, that was all of 7 bites big, very, very, very small BUT, I wasn't that hungry so it was delish and perfect, I just thought $8 was a bit much for what it was.

Visited April 2014
“Poor food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Wanted a quick meal & we all like pasta so thought we'd give it a try.

Big mistake staff were friendly enough but the food was very poor pasta was stodgy & sticky with a tasteless sauce, pizza was ok but I've had a lot better.

3 Thank Burtonvapor
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Food good, but service a little lacking”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food was excellent. i had tacos and a salad. You can catch Happy Hour and get Bar food items under $10. But the service is slow.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Fail”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was our 3rd attempt to get a table there, the place seems to run on 'do you have a reservation'. That leads one to believe that it's amazing when it really isn't anything above AVERAGE.
The attitude starts at the front when you walk in to ask if there is availability and we got it when we walked in with a reservation. We arrived on time and was seated right away at a tall table right up front. Everytime someone walks in you get a blast of cool/cold air. The little kid sitting next to us didn't take off his coat. I got up and asked to be moved away from the door as I didn't want to sit there at dinner with a ski jacket on. They looked at me like I had taken all their crayons. 2 other hosts were now at the desk and basically told me I was complaining, "We seat people there during the winter and they don't say anything." Yeah, that's good customer service at the front door.

We eventually were taken to a booth in the back of the restaurant that was set up for 5 people who canceled. When the waitress came up the look and her slow shuffle gave the impression that she wasn't too happy to now see only 2 people. Guess her tip just shrank?

The wild boar pasta noodles were too aldente and the gnochi was a bit bland. The best part of the meal was the $12 glass of super tuscan.

Eventually the waitress warmed up to us, she did ask if we wanted 2nds on the bread.

There are so many great places to eat in Mammoth. This place could spend some time working on just basic customer service. I don't care where the wood burning oven comes from, it's not going to make a better meal with the way you're treated.

• Visited April 2014