“Good food nice atmosphere”
Review of Campo

Reserve with OpenTable
Campo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 94 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A favorite gathering place for dinner, happy hour, and date night with wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas, farm-fresh product, handcrafted salumi and perfectly paired libations. Crafted by James Beard-nominated chef Mark Estee, the menu celebrates local, seasonal ingredients and simple cooking.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was a week day so the place was quiet (which is how I like it). I had the brussel sprout pizza and it was amazing. One bad thing was the waiter wasn't the friendliest but I'm splitting hairs.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Great potential but something always brings us down. First, Lindsay, our server, was the best we've had (and we've had numerous awful experiences). Got a back table by bathroom but after asking, we're moved to a better table. Shirley Temple poorly executed and got it fixed. Skip the carafe wine - it's nasty and bottled offered are better priced. Bread good. Meatball appetizer has nicely spiced meatball but the sauce is over sugared and truly terrible. Ordered the arugula/salami salad and it was doused in dressing...seriously? Have the chefs not watched one episode of Chopped. Shame on us for not ordering the dressing on the side. Margarita pizza good. Swordfish and Duck good (but no way it was duck confit...try roasted duck). The vegetables on the side were 1950s. Ugh. Please. Still, we end up here every time we visit hoping for better. Architecturally it's great...can they find a chef that meets expectations?

2  Thank upintheairmom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Really nice restaurant! We sat at the bar for our meal. Loved the service, great recommendations from our bartender at to what to order. Very crowded, but fun atmosphere. The food was delicious. We shared 3 different things and wished we could have tried more.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our family of 6 (kids aged 12, 11, 5, 3) decided to go for Christmas Eve dinner. I looked at the menu, etc...and it seemed like an upscale but kid friendly place. The ambience is very cool. The service is VERY average. I asked for the very weird clubby type music (we were there at 4:30pm, not am!) be changed and they told me no. They said that they only play one station-EVER. For the prices they charge, they should recognize who is paying to be there and what time of day it is! Particularly at 4:30pm on Christmas Eve. We are homeowners in Mammoth and after the ridiculous nonsensical answer I received, I doubt we will ever dine there again. Good service and respect is just as important as good food. Restaurants fail all the time, and Mammoth is a particularly painful environment to survive in. I hope they improve their service, menu, and prices.

I wanted either Christmas or just mellow relaxing dinner music that matched the ambience. My husband and I worked in the restaurant industry for many years so we notice when things are off. One thing that stood out was the lack of bus service. For me, there is almost nothing worse (maybe waiting for a drink!) than sitting with dirty dishes in front of me. Again, I felt disrespected. Almost nothing worse.

Now for the food...the homemade pasta was very heavy and my little kids hated it. The kids grilled cheese was good. The calamari was mixed with other things and the whole thing was a fried greasy disgusting mess. The beet salad was delicious but the presentation was too scattered. The Margherita Pizza my son ordered was to die for! The waitress raved about the meatballs but they were subpar at best. The cauliflower appy was very good but get ready for the garlic! We had to leave so we did not try the dessert.

1  Thank breezygirl70
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a gift card for this restaurant. It was located just steps away from our hotel room, therefore we gave it a try.
Their pizzas tasted very good. They have a couple special pizzas on their menu (not just pepperoni or cheese) - very creative.
Service was pretty good as well.
Prices are a bit steep, but are standard for Mammoth Lakes.

1  Thank sial