When we walked into our "room", we were surprised to see it was almost an apartment; we'd somehow managed to miss that it was a self catering place and not a hotel.
But no matter, we headed back into town to the supermarket and topped up on breakfast and snack essentials, plus wine!
We were tired after driving from Tahoe via Bodie to Mammoth Lakes, and didn't fancy going out to eat, so it was nice to have our own self contained world to chill out in. Sad to say that dinner the first night consisted of a pizza from Domino's (as bad in the US as in the UK), but still it was a very pleasant, relaxed evening with a chilled Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc.
The view from the balcony, over the swimming pools and BBQ area towards Mammoth Mountain were stunning, particularly early in the morning as the sun was coming up.
Overall, a very pleasant place to stay and a good base for hiking in the Sierra Nevada, although the rooms were very warm in non skiing season!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge