Mammoth Mountain is an awesome place for a family ski vacation. The mountain is huge and there are ample trails for all abilities. We were there over February vacation and never waited more than 5 minutes in a lift line. Most of the time we just skied right on to the lift.
We stayed at the Juniper Springs Resort. We had a little bit of an issue our first night. We returned to our room after going out to dinner and found our key didn't work. When we went to inquire at the desk, we were told that that a mistake was made and that the owner was using the condo and we needed to move out. I must admit I was more than a little annoyed. We were not offered any type of "compensation" until my husband complained the next day. They then offered to not charge us the $20/day resort fee. I think they could have done a little more, but at least they did something.
Our 1 bedroom condo was fine; adequate size and comfortable, but not particularly luxurious. The location is certainly convenient, just a few steps to the lift. We had use of a ski locker which added to the convenience. They have an outdoor heated pool and a couple of hot tubs but I have to say they are quite small and did not look all that appealing.
The biggest downside to this place is the price. The 1 bed condo was about $500 a night and the lift tickets are very expensive. Also, they definitely need to improve their cafe/store they have in the lobby. There is close to nothing there and what is there is ridiculously overpriced. ($4.50 for a 12 oz bottle of water)
All in all, we really enjoyed our vacation at Mammoth. The skiing is awesome, the staff at Juniper Springs were very nice and helpful, and the location was very convenient. I would definitely consider going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge