Cinnamon Bear Inn
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
$129
QualityInn
Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$220
$169
Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$189
Orbitz.com
$219
$209
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$170
$149
Orbitz.com
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$173
$143
Hotels.com
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
$240
$199
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$218
$119
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

All reviewshot tubstuffed french toastb and bbreakfast was deliciousevery morningcold cerealroad tripcute placegreat hostsliquor storea nice place to staystayed here for one nightbed was comfortablesmall roomreception areaski resortcanyon lodge
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This review is limited to the cancellation policy only as we did not stay at the Cinnamon Bear Inn. My Mom was hospitalized with E. coli. (She’s 80 years old) 2 nights before my wife and I were to arrive at the Inn. I contacted the Inn Keeper and explained by situation, that we simply could not travel to Mammoth Lakes for our stay. The Inn Keeper offered to give me 3 nights credit for a midweek stay only till mid-February 2014.This offer has no value to me as we live in San Diego (400 miles from Mammoth) and do not ski. I am more that willing to pay for one night lodging as a penalty but with an offer that I really cannot use I’ve now paid $ 531.48 for nothing. That is just an unfair enrichment to the Inn keeper. I’ve had my own business for 40 years (Civil Engineering) and would never treat my clients like this. This is a terrible penalty imposed on to the traveler. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank rce29241
cinnamonbearinn, Owner at Cinnamon Bear Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

We went out of our way to make this guest happy. The reservation was made online with a third party for which we have paid a commission. As part of the reservation process, he checked a box stating that he has read, understood, and agreed to the cancellation policy. Our first contact was when he canceled the day before arrival. Per his agreement with the third party booking agency, he is due nothing back. However, we offered a midweek credit, good for 6 months. Then he sent us festival tickets which we tried to resell for him. Next he called and said he couldn't make it back in 6 months so we agreed to extend the period to 1 year. A month later he called and said his wife was sick and they couldn't--wouldn't be returning at all and he wanted his money back. We believe we have been more than fair in this circumstance.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed one night here as a lay over between Las Vegas and Yosemite. We checked in quite late, so our check in was done via emailed instructions which were clear and helpful. the room was on the first floor of the main complex. In there was a great big, high four poster bed which was one of the comfiest of our trip around California.

the complex is made up two buildings, the main bit and then some cabins a little bit away. At the main stay there was a hot tub open till 10, a vending machine (drinks) and the wifi. Now the wifi is the only downside to the place. there was another large group staying at the hotel and when they were all online we couldn't connect. this lasted the whole of the night and we couldn't access wifi until after breakfast.

the breakfast was as described, a mix of the expected plus custom made pancakes - in our case Blueberry.

Now for us, the best part of this hotel came when we returned to the hotel after getting food from town on the night of check in. It was dark and the hotel is a little up a back road on the left. As we drove up, something ran across our headlights - it was the Cinnamon Bear itself. It was fast, massive and very exciting to see.

I would happily stay here again

Room Tip: If you want wifi ask for the main complex. If you are unnerved by the threat of a Bear visit as for first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night as part of road trip. Told them that we just got engaged and were given one of the four poster rooms. Old fashioned decor and less than plush bathroom facilities but all added to the charm of the place. Breakfast was really homley and good and set us up for the day.

Room Tip: Four poster room upstairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've stayed at Cinnamon Bear 3 times over the past 4 years and think it's wonderful. I most recently stayed Aug. 19. I live in Ventura County and own a condo that we rent out to visitors in Mammoth so I'm familiar with the quality of various Mammoth lodging places. I stayed twice while I was condo-hunting and most recently when I was in Mammoth to re-supply our place and took in a last-minute rental so I needed a reasonably-priced bed for myself for the night.

Hey, the vast majority of Mammoth lodging is not glitzy or even charming; too bad - that's just reality. So, Cinnamon Bear doesn't look like much from the outside but inside is definitely charming, clean and well-priced. And friendly! When I opened the door to check in, Pam, one of the managers, was chatting in the big open common "living-dining room" with a guest and both gave a cheery hello to me. That large room has a fireplace, flat-screen TV, free cheese/crackers, cookies and juice around happy hour and a full delicious hot breakfast cooked to order in the morning with strong coffee and fruit juices. Free wi-fi, hot jacuzzi. Jim and Pam, the managers, are helpful, kind, funny and hard-working. I don't know them other than my experiences staying at Cinnamon Bear so this isn't one of those phony reviews sent in by friends or relatives. I like Cinnamon Bear.

Room Tip: The rooms that open to the open space with pines at the back are great. I didn't see the bear others have seen . . . though I do see other bears in the area. We love our Mammoth bears and do all we can to make trash inaccessible to them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here after a day in Yosemite...it's a quaint place in a good location. Right next to the woods...a bear was spotted during our stay and we heard him searching through the bins! Breakfast was good and plentiful and rooms are clean and comfy but the whole place is a little tired and needs some TLC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family