“Liked it a lot”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Niedernhausen, Germany
“Liked it a lot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed there two nights. Our room was very big, with a comfortable bed. Nice stuff. A little bit old school tv, but we didn't care, cause we spend our days outside. Very nice c immunity room. A very hot hot tub outside, opened till 10 pm. Very nice for relaxing after a long day in the nature.
You can watch the stars while using it. Price was absolutely ok. We used the washing machine there, everything worked fine.
It's vry close, about three miles to the lakes, and you can walk to some restaurants in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank apiaWiesbaden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Duisburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

One of our best stays everytime we spend a few nights here. This place is going to satisfy all your needs when it comes to skiing, snowboarding and everything, but even in the summertime it's absolutely amazing and relaxed. Rooms are generously big, most of them have a balcony, the hotel in general is very clean and has something oldschool to it.

Staff is also very funny and friendly, location is excellent, there's a parking lot under the hotel, and even the continental (!) breakfast is good. Uh, I almost forgot: There's a fun bar right across the street, you can also get Pasta and Pizza there, in case you get hungry or need to kill some time, or even drop off your kids, because they have an arcade in there :)

Long story short: Great place to stay, there's no other option for me in Mammoth.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AndreasZeller
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here when we drove from Las Vegas to San Francisco, solely so we could go through a national park on the way. We got in at around 8pm, and the room was more that enough for what was not much more than a sleep and breakfast.

It could have been a lot, lot worse, but everything was clean and spacious, if a little basic, but was a friendly and welcoming place while we continued our journey.

We did have the same issue as another reviewer.. we had 3 weeks of luggage, and no lift, so the luggage donkey (ie me) had to go up the hill... and down the hill.

If you can stop here, or any where in Mammoth Lakes then it would make the perfect place before going through Sonora Pass and through the National Parks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam S
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed one night as I passed through the area recently. I had a few questions for the staff and they were friendly and very helpful, including a prompt visit to the room to help me figure out the microwave.
The room was spacious, quiet, and comfortable with the added bonus of a kind of kitchenette area with a proper kitchen type sink and even dishes, glasses, and cutlery—no plastic involved.
This might seem like a very minor detail but I was on the road for weeks budget traveling with a cooler so I could eat meals in my room. This room even had a cutting board, an unheard of feature in the new spiffy 21/2 to 3 star places I visited.
The feel, and actual age of the place, is older and homier than these Johnny-come-lately big chain hotels. It was more like the places I used to go with my family on ski trips. Of course the beautiful ski slopes are also just a short hop from the hotel.
The room had a good fridge, a microwave, ironing board and iron, and they serve a good continental type breakfast in a room with a fireplace and a picture window overlooking the mountain slopes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late and found parking but were surprised there wasn't an elevator, and surprised they actually gave us keys rather than cards. We had to lug our rollers up 2 flights of stairs. We survived barely. The rooms were sparse but clean. They are designed for Lilliputians. I'm very tall and found the sink uncomfortable for use. They have ski and snowboard lockers downstairs and then a bench and hooks in the rooms to hang ur skiwear. My wife and I found it hard to find outlets to charge our phone, but we overcame the challenge. Overall I would say it would be convenient if you were there to ski if you don't mind the stairs.

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stay here at the sierra lodge it is the easiest, cheapest, cleanest, has the nicest staff that are more than loyal to the customers. Ask for Mr. Deeds he will take of you! very accessible as well, one minute away from everything in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stay here every time we come up to Mammoth. The rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable and the staff is excellent! We got in late on Friday and there were no parking spots left so the night desk clerk moved his car so we could have a spot. Then I accidentally left my pillow in the room when we checked out. I called and Mark & Steven found it and sent it to me! Excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2013