“Best in town, Hands down.”
Review of Sierra Lodge

Sierra Lodge
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Best in town, Hands down.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stay here at the sierra lodge it is the easiest, cheapest, cleanest, has the nicest staff that are more than loyal to the customers. Ask for Mr. Deeds he will take of you! very accessible as well, one minute away from everything in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stay here every time we come up to Mammoth. The rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable and the staff is excellent! We got in late on Friday and there were no parking spots left so the night desk clerk moved his car so we could have a spot. Then I accidentally left my pillow in the room when we checked out. I called and Mark & Steven found it and sent it to me! Excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SnoBear18
California
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here while skiing three days at Mammoth in April of 2013. The room was large with a sofa, small deck, microwave, and refrigerator. The king size bed was very comfortable and quite welcome at sleep time. The only view is of buildings across the street, but I'm skiing all day, what do I care. Across the street is Angels. A nice restaurant with reasonable lunch and dinner prices. The hotel does have a light continental breakfast, cereal, bagels, coffee. However, I chose to walk a short distance to a restaurant that served a big hot breakfast. There is a nice lounge room with a fireplace and there is a mountain view from this room. The staff were friendly and helpful. On the main street in front of the lodge there is a bus stop where you can catch a ride up to the slopes. It's free and comes every 15 or 20 minutes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BeachWizard4U
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Truly, a great value! You know how they say "dollar for dollar, the Subaru WRX or the Mustang Boss are the fastest cars for the money." Well, the same can be said for the quality of the Sierra Lodge. I'm a research guy. Love Consumer Reports. Before my trip, I researched the heck out of all the available lodgings in Mammoth. If I seem a bit fanatical, that's the way I get when my research proves true, and that's what Sierra Lodge did on every level. Did I want an in-room jacuzzi, no. Did I want an in-room jacuzzi, no. Did I appreciate the covered parking and outside ski lockers and complimentary continental breakfast, HECK YES! This place is everything you need and nothing you don't. The service, the cleanliness, the rooms, location, everything; was better than I expected. In fact, I found Sierra Lodge to be better in most aspects than many of the $$$ and $$$$ lodges.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We love to location which is convenient to shops, great food, and bus lines. The room was bigger than expected and the beds were amazing!! The manager said the beds were brand new which is a huge plus. Those of us who are barely over 25 can appreciate a good bed after a great day of boarding.

And the fact that it is pet friendly is a HUGE bonus. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at Sierra Lodge this past Easter weekend and it is a great value for when you are skiing Mammoth. Covered parking, ski lockers included in room rate, plenty of room to hang your gear, and free continental breakfast. Plus, it is just a minute away from The Village and only a couple of more minutes to Canyon Lodge at Mammoth. The staff is very friendly and helpful and I felt right at home there. Sure, it isn't a five-star resort, but I came to Mammoth to ski, so I got plenty of excellent value staying at Sierra Lodge. I will definitely be staying there again on future ski weekends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clinep83
San Diego
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We found the place to be just fine; a cut above Motel 6. They have satisfactory rooms that include big, queen beds, lots of channels, a little frig for beer and a nuke box for leftovers that become breakfast. I liked that there was shelf space and hooks for ski gear, so the room could be kept tidy. Also, they provide you with ski lockers in the underground parking lot -- you keep the key. That is cool, so you just drop off your skiis and you don't have to carry them into your room. Jacuzzi was good for the soul. Hot coffee and basic bagels with cream cheese, cereal, juice is offered if you don't choose to nuke your leftovers. Rusty was really nice and we found all the staff friendly, understanding and willing to accomodate our specific, personal needs. Also, Angel's Restaurant is a stone-throw....that is convenient for a quick eat and drink. I'll use this facility again. I've grown up coming to Mammoth and my focus is to ski, so this place provides satisfaction for the serious skier. JC, San Diego.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family