All reviewsbagelsone nightcovered parkinghot tubcontinental breakfastroom was largeno liftmain streetenglish muffinbus stopcoffee and juicedish soapfridge and microwavepaper towelspublic areasfront desk clerkunderground parking
Reviewed November 2, 2011

4 of us stayed in 2 rooms the night before a 5-day backpack trip, and again the night of our return from the trail. The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly, the room rates were very inexpensive for Mammoth, and the continental breakfast was very welcome for us grab-and-go folks. When we asked if there was a place to store valuables (rather than in our car at the trailhead) the staff gave us lockers in the covered parking area (camera monitored, the staff keeps the keys). This was a nice benefit. On our return, we used their gas grill for steaks while we hot-tubbed our aches away. Also, we were given rooms mere feet from the backside parking area for both nights which made packing and unpacking our hiking gear a breeze (request in advance like I did - don't expect to show up and be given first floor rooms). Oh, and the hotel is right in the middle of town. All in all a wonderful stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request 108, 109, 110 for quick access to rear parking, and close access to hot tub.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. Room is nice and clean. There's a dresser with large mirror and light outside bathroom (with more than 1 woman, it comes in handy). An outside sink, microwave and frig are also useful.

Staff was friendly, I had to leave at 6:30 am and the staff let me in the lounge early to grab some breakfast on the go. Appreciate the extra service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed here just for a stop off to Yosemite. Room was OK, I was disappointed it wasnt as luxurious as the photos.
It was however clean which is important. Breakfast was OK though

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stockport1965
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Since I didn't plan on staying in this town, I did NOT have a chance to research hotels in this resort town. In my opinion the price I paid ($130) was too high for the quality of this hotel. In most places around the country I would expect to have AC and an elevator. The room was large, clean and had a kitchenette BUT it was warm so I had to open the window only to find an apartment complex only a alley way distance from me. I perfer my privacy. Did I mention I was on the 3rd floor and had to use a very narrow unsecured well worn stairway. I wouldn't stay here again, I would rather pay more and get the essentials.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Hotel has seen better days but was perfectly functional, clean and quiet. Having a decent restaurant opposite helped.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple