“It's what's inside that counts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CJ's Grill

CJ's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
CJ's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 88 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meridian
Transit: We are located on Old Mammoth with a Red Line and Trolley bus stop just next door.
Description: American food with a twist. Sauces, Dressings & Desserts Home Made.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“It's what's inside that counts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

From the outside it appears as though some building work is going on - so hopefully temporary as I may have just driven elsewhere had I not read some reviews beforehand.

However, once inside it's a pleasant little restaurant.

Service was top notch, even saw Jason (owner and chef) appear a couple of times to pick up the slack when there was a sudden rush.

My friend had the house burger and commented that it was "one of the best burgers ever" and it certainly looked good!

I had the house salad, which was amended without any hassle when I asked at ordering.

Only regret was that I didn't have enough room for desert, as they looked fabulous.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sb8905

Kent
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a nice family meal at CJs. Juan, the waiter, made us feel very welcome. The yellow fin tuna appetiser is worth a try as was the home made ice cream. Not bad.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kent-Jackie
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great Service, Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We popped in this restaurant as we saw that it looked busy and thought, why not!

We were met by a fella called Doug who was really helpful and welcoming. He showed us to a table and gave a 5 star service throughout.

The food itself was really good, I ordered a Buffalo Burger (which was really good) and I thought when the option for salad was asked, I thought this would be with the meal, but it came as a really good starter. The same as my dad with a soup just before his battered fish (we did think it odd at the time of ordering to think soup with a main!)

Anyway, food is really good, service excellent, not the cheapest place in the world, but a meal (excluding alcohol) coming in around $40 is alright by me! I think it was worth it for the quality.

Well done!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Xenosapien
San Jose, CA
“Basic food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Service was great and friendly. Food was ok and pricey. Kids eat free Monday. Chicken dishes were very basic ad I would not order again.

Visited April 2014
San Dimas, California
“What A Gem for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My spouse and I were shopping in the village and asked some locals where to have lunch. All agreed that CJ's was a hidden gem for a reasonable price. We both had soup and sandwiches for under $10 each. We were impressed with the service, atmosphere, and food. Better than we expected. It is on our go to next time we are in Mammoth.

Visited April 2014