Review of Chamonix - CHX23

Make Inquiry
Living Room and Bar Area
Living Room, Kitchen and Stairs to Loft
Living Room and Dining Room
Dining Room (See next Pic for New Kitchen Counter)
Bedroom
Bedroom
Downstairs Bathroom
Second Bathroom
Loft
Loft (Other Direction)
Winter View from Balcony
Summer View from Balcony
Chamonix Entrance on Canyon Blvd.
Chamonix Buildings
Chamonix Outdoor Spas (Year-Round)
Chamonix Buildings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Erik_Murr...
Murrieta, California
“Unit needs a few upgrades and this trip MRB had poor customer service”
Reviewed March 29, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I have being renting in the Mammoth area for 15 years and have stayed at multiple locations at Chamonix and rented through Mammoth Reservations Bureau (MRB) and have typically always had a positive experience. I was very disappointed in both this unit and the customer service of Mammoth Reservations Bureau for this trip. I knew from the pictures what the condition of the unit was dated and my family of (4 teenagers) are used to 2 and 3 star units.

The problems began when the master bedroom toilet wouldn't work. The flapper was broken and it would take $5 and 2 minutes to repair. Called MRB the first day and they never got around to fixing it causing us to have to manually turn off the water each time we flushed the toilet or it would keep running all day. Next up was i had to put away the dishes because the dishwasher was full. I love doing chores when i arrive on vacation. No firewood and then come to realize no key for the firewood or spa. Called MRB and was told if it isn't in the condo they can't help me....Hello...what is the owner paying MRB for if that is the response. I will say that I called to complain the next day and MRB dropped off a key an hour later. Kids said a few of the mattresses had springs that they felt at night. To warm up left over pizza you need the 1908's microwave needed 5 minutes. Might be time to break down and buy a $100 microwave.

They did have good wifi and newer televisions but only one couch so not a great condo for sitting around in the evening to watch a movie as a family.

My experience with MRB has usually been much better. Not sure if new management or if the current staff shares the typical customer service that I have enjoyed for the past 15 years. I am not sure I will rent with them again.

Condo has promise with a few maintenance iss

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
westlake village
Reviewed January 3, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Rugged travelers
Management Response
Jan 3, 2012
So sorry your stay was so unpleasant. We do appreciate the feedback. Luckily, it is impossible for beds bugs (and fleas and ticks) to live at this high elevation. We would welcome the opportunity to have the health department confirm this information. Should you decide to stay with us again, we would be happy to extend you a 20% discount which would allow you to stay in a 4 or 5-star vacation rental instead. Our entire management team apologizes and hopes that you did have fun in Mammoth despite your unhappiness with the unit.

Travelers are raving about these Mammoth Lakes hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing