“great coffee and vibe”

Stellar Brew & Deli
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Laguna Beach
“great coffee and vibe”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stellar Brew has outstanding coffee, great pastries and the most innovative vegetarian oriented deli menu in Mammoth. The coffee is rich, complex and can be ordered bold or mild.... Pastries are unique and as healthy as possible. The deli menu features unusual and healthy salads and sandwiches...and breakfast burritos... Add free wireless internet, comfy and eclectic seating and you have the anti-Starbucks... A must in Mammoth

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank robert2

Mammoth Lakes, Ca.
“Great local coffee house with nice selection”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We enjoy going to the Stellar Brew because they serve great coffee and a large variety of tea and other beverages. They also have delicious baked good including vegan and gluten free choices. The cranberry, walnut, avocado bread is gluten free and amazing! They have a lot of places to sit and relax, work and hang out. It is worth a visit if you are in the mood for cafe items.

• Visited August 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Best coffee and breakfast in town.”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Everytime I visit Mammoth I get breakfast at Stellar Brew. I used to stop in at the breakfast club, which is a nice place, but it's diner food.. basic stuff like eggs and toast. At Stellar Brew they offer carnivorous dishes and also vegan and vegetarian meals. I love the "Cabin Style" Oatmeal that is topped with delicious berries. The coffee is great and also reasonably priced (unlike a cup from starbucks) they give you free refills too so I always stop here for a cup to go before I hit the slopes.

1 Thank bard85
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Homely, welcoming with good food”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We enjoyed breakfast and took away a packed lunch. The food was really good with a great selection for veggies and carnivores alike. It was very comfortable, had wifi and we enjoyed our visit. Only downside was the chap serving who wasn't with it at all and got the order wrong. Really recommended for any visit to Mammoth Lakes.

Bay Area CA
“Fresh, Tasty, and Scrumptious Treats - Veggie and Vegan too!”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stellar Brew recently changed managers/owners and along with a fresh enthusiasm came an amazing new menu! My husband and I happen to be vegan (with a gluttonous appetite) and my parents enjoy an omnivore menu. We all sat down to lunch here a few months back and were wowed with our plates. The vegan wrap and salads my husband and I shared were with packed with yummy fresh veggies, quinoa to die for, and included a healthy portion to fill us up after a day biking up and down Mammoth Mountain. My parents also enjoyed killer omni-style sandwiches and we all split a peanut butter brownie afterwards....even this vegan knew the cheat was worth it! Yum! Their rolls, muffins, and deserts are awesome (I had to taste my Dad's daily morning offering). And yes, they have vegan scones and muffins and breakfast bowls...a divine answer to my prayers. (We had abandoned many of the local restaurants and cooked in our hotel or condo since there wasn't many options for us to enjoy reallllly good vegetarian options).

We travel to the area monthly for hiking and sports and always make a stop in for lunch and coffee. Don't let the homey coffee shop style scare you off, or the menu's printed on recycled cardboard. After you order wait and check out the fun way they send orders back to the kitchen (looks like fun!). This is truly a treat for foodies of all eating persuasions. Some of the locals may cringe at you from behind their laptops, but take a seat on the comfy couch and read the local Sheet or kick your feet up in the mountain sunshine on their roomy deck. FYI - they serve coconut based creamers and whip cream (yahoo) and wonderful tea's/chai.

My only advice would be that the staff can seem a bit arrogant if you don't seem to be one the regulars, but this happens to be a sentiment that you may run into in any of the dining options in town.The locals may regret that I'm sharing a well kept secret, but I hope you will stop in and enjoy a great lunch and taste the flavor of this Mammoth hot spot! You and your tummy will not regret it!

1 Thank cavaliertraveler