Cinnamon Bear Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$128
QualityInn
$214
$189
Westin.com
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$129
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$155
$129
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$195
$119
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
$179
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$189
$169
All reviewsindoor poolcar washmade to order eggschevron stationwestern hotelscovered parkingfree breakfastfresh fruitbreakfast was excellentwould stay here againmiddle of townvery nice hotelthird floorbeds were comfortableone night stayfront desk staffthe room was nice
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A friend and I spent one night here before a backpacking trip in the Ansel Adams Wilderness, and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, and very quiet, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The only minor complaint was that the breakfast was sort of "institutional," for lack of a better word, but I can't really complain about that because it was included in the price and there was plenty of variety. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to Mammoth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
EmilyEC, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear JamesAlton,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you came to enjoy our spectacular Sierra Nevada Mountains. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ok hotel if you want to sleep or watch tv. My issue came with the in room internet. Since I needed to do some work on the computer, I verified when checking in that they had in room dsl. Answer yes. When I got to the room, I was unable to log on. I attempted to get a room change, even though I had not messed up this one at all, this was not granted. I finally called the "technical help" number listed in the room for computer help. I was informed that this hotel has had issues with their remote site servors for quite some time and had done nothing to repair. So, you can go to the lobby to use your computer. Other non issue, the pool and hot tub were under repair, and there was quite a bit of ice in the parking lot which had no been addressed.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dochasnow

Dear sbc228.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about your frustration with the internet access. There are a few challenges that we encounter regarding internet in our small town. With our location in the middle of the mountains, we have limited bandwidth that occasionally makes it difficult to stream video or utilize programs like Skype. This is a community wide issue that will not be resolved until more infrastructure is built. In the last week, however, we have replaced the wireless router on the 3rd floor which could have been the issue that you experienced while you were here. While we know the wireless internet can sometimes be problematic, we do have Ethernet cables available at the front desk and all rooms are hardwired as well so that might have been a good option for you.
Please also keep in mind that November is typically when our winters begin which mean snow and ice. While we plow, shovel, and salt to reduce slip and fall hazards, you will encounter winter conditions; please take the proper precautions.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a very good find. The reception staff were very helpful, we arrived late afternoon and they gave us a idea of places to go bearing in mind the time of day. The local free bus goes from a stop close to hotel. The room was a good size and well maintained but the absence of a fridge was a disappointment. The restaurant served an excellent breakfast and we had a very good curry at the evening. All in all a good place to stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the upper floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Retire09UK,
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our wonderful Hot Buffet Breakfast and dinner in our in-house Cafe 203. All of our rooms do have refrigerators, they are mini refrigerators located in a stand which has a microwave as well as the coffee maker.
Looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a 3 story hotel; all rooms are accessible from an inside hallway. As a female businessperson traveling alone, I felt very safe. I didn't try to access the Internet while I was there; the desk and chair were comfortable.

This property is NOT set up well for those in wheelchairs, walkers, etc. There are no handicapped parking spaces near the front entrance. There is only one elevator, and it is near the front entrance. There is another entrance on the other side of the hotel, but there is no elevator. In fact, where you walk in, it's a split-level entrance; one must either walk up or down to get to a floor. Strangely, it is by that entrance that you'll find the handicapped parking.

My room was equipped with a small frig, coffee maker, and microwave. There is a large indoor pool.

The room rate comes with a free FULL breakfast: bacon cooked the way I like it, sausage, eggs, French toast, fresh sliced fruit, juices, and all kids of breads and muffins. If I were just passing through town, I would stop and eat breakfast here.

Room Tip: If you have difficulties moving around, ask for a room near the elevator. Room 300 is right next to the ice machine, so skip that room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Lepha,
Thank you for your detailed review and for your comments about the handicapped parking. We have 5 ADA rooms in the hotel and they are all located on the first floor close to the lobby for ease of access to the lobby, Cafe, and entrance with no stairs. The handicapped parking is in front of the side entrance as that area is the flattest path to the front lobby and as it receives the most sun, has the least amount of snow and ice in the winter. We have considered moving it but considering the severity of weather that we periodically receive in the winters, this was the best choice.
I am glad that you felt safe and enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

A good Best Western Plus hotel in a very popular tourist area. The property is attractive, the room was clean and comfortable, and we rested well after a day of sightseeing. There is an indoor pool, but we didn't use it. The breakfast room is also the 302 Restauant. The breakfast offerings were good. The staff at the front desk was efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from street and pool noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyEC, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback and this helps us to improve.