Cinnamon Bear Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$198
$239
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
$158
$154
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$235
$189
Agoda.com
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$160
$152
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
$295
$207
Agoda.com
Snowcreek Resort(Mammoth Lakes)
$215
Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$229
$366
$269
Priceline
All reviewsindoor poolcar washmade to order eggschevron stationwestern hotelscovered parkingfree breakfastfresh fruitbreakfast was excellentwould stay here againmiddle of townvery nice hotelthird floorone night staybeds were comfortablefront desk staffthe room was nice
Reviewed August 26, 2012

stayed in the Best Western Mammoth Lakes in July for 3 nights.

The Town of Mammoth Lakes and the Bestwestern High Sierra Hotel are a good location for exploring Yosemite National Park´s Toulumne Meadows area, Mono Lake, Devil´s Postpile NM and Ansel Adams Wilderness.
It´s right on Main Street but you might miss it, as its behind a gas station.

Check In was friendly and efficient, even when there was a long line (it was 3 pm, try to avoid to check in at that time !)
The room was spotless clean, the WLAN was free and fast. Only complaint was the freezer inside the room that was little noisy at night.
Breakfast was included in my rate and was buffet-style. The food was basic but good.

Room Tip: avoid to check in at 3 pm.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Canyonlands2008
EmilyEC, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Canyonlands2008,
Very nice to hear that you had a great stay. Many people stay with us for 1 night on their way into Yosemite NP and many more stay with for multiple days spending one of those days exploring the NP. Mammoth Lakes itself has an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy. Go fishing in the Lakes Basin, Hike the surrounding mountains to some amazing alpine lakes, explore the Tufa at Mono Lake, visit the geological sites such as Devil's Postpile, Hot Creek, or the earthquake faults from the 1800s, or check out the old mining history of this area at the Coldwater Campground Mine. It sounds like you enjoyed many of these fine experiences.

While a 3PM check in does tend to be busy, if you arrive earlier into town we welcome you to stop by the hotel. If we do have rooms that are clean, we will surely get you checked in ahead of time.

Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

After a long drive, we arrived to an unfriendly desk agent who acted like she was doing us a big favor to give us a room. She must have asked me 3 times if we had a pet, I think she suspected that we had one, we did not. She also kept answering the phone and starting over with our check-in as she forgot everything she had already covered. Yes, it's in Mammoth Lakes, but it is not a nice place to hang out. It was beautiful outside but it has no place to sit or enjoy the outdoors. There is nothing resorty about it. The indoor pool was depressing. Worst of all, it overlooks a gas station, ugh. And at $150 for a small room, it's no bargain. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Juniper Springs or Westin Monache, they have outdoor pools and nice, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay at the Westin!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Nancy8766

Dear Nancy8766,
I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and thank you for the feedback regarding your check in. We have a new front desk employee and it sounds like she was a bit overwhelmed. I will make sure to speak to my front desk to ensure they make the guest checking in the priority when the phones are ringing as well. While our spacious rooms are well maintained and clean, they are hotel rooms versus the condos that you will get at the Westin Monache or Juniper Springs. It sounds like the condo experience is more to your liking.
I appreciate you giving us a try.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a pleasant suprise they also had an indoor pool :-) All in all good value for the mony and perfect for the family. We arrived in the afternoon after a long drive from Vegas and the next morning we had a nice drive into Yosemite NP. Drive off early, you will need al the time you can get in the park. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times while doing work in the eastern Sierra and it is ok. The beds are ok and the breakfast is nice. This time while checking in I was interrogated and essentially called a liar regarding a previous cancellation. I had previously cancelled a reservation within the 24 hr period but they said that wasn't true?? I was then grilled about my govt ID and what sort of work I was actually doing in the area. I was paying $160/night which was not a govt rate so not even sure why they were giving me the 3rd degree. Check-in took way too long and it was humiliating. I would have left right then but they of course would not let me leave unless I paid. I will never, never stay at this hotel again. The front desk manager (Jackie) was unapologetic, rude, and treated me like a criminal.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank WilmaXX
EmilyEC, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear CalifWilma,
As managers, we are sometimes faced with the need to have difficult discussions with our guests. In your case, I am sorry to hear that you took our discussion so negatively. We were informing you that as we will occasionally make exceptions to our 24hr cancellation policy, as understanding for unforeseen circumstances, we will no longer extend that courtesy for your future reservations. Out of the past 4 reservations, two were cancelled same day as arrival. The first in June, you are now contesting the cancellation penalty. The second in July, we held the cancellation penalty to be used on this stay that you just had. While we will offer this courtesy, it is not guaranteed nor offered multiple times.

To explain the governement federal per diem rate: This special rate is to be used solely for work purposes, which it sounds like you were here for. As we are a resort community and experience many government employees trying to use this discount for vacation we do always ask to see the guest's government ID and will inquire to the scope of work being done. I apologize that you felt interrogated.

Thank you for the business that you have brought to us in the past.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

For starters, check-in was VERY, VERY slow. Also found it a bit unnecessary that the staff insisted that ALL food be brought in out of our vehicle because of bears in the area. We have stayed at motels in the past that had bears walking through the parking lot and NO ONE told, or as in this case, INSISTED that we comply. Really, it's our car, if we are willing to risk it, what do they care?
The room was small. It didn't even have a table. Didn't have any room for our luggage, let alone the two coolers they insisted we bring in. It wasn't adequately stocked with towels, and we had to get more. The thing that irked me the most was the bathroom door. It absolutely, would NOT stay open. It REALLY got on my nerves.
When we arrived the on-site restaurant was empty. We soon discovered why. They only serve Indian food. Do they really think that's what tired, hungry travelers want? We asked the front desk clerk for other dining suggestions but they weren't very helpful and didn't have any area menus for guests to look at. I also thought it odd that they didn't have a menu for their restaurant in the rooms. It was getting late so we decided to settle for some of the few sandwiches that were on the menu. Nothing was as described in the menu and everything tasted bad. The sandwiches didn't even come with fries or a side.
The free breakfast was OK.
We did find it odd that there was no restroom in the restaurant or lobby. Someone asked where it was and was told that they would have to use their room key and go in the pool area. What about the people who are just coming here to eat at the restaurant? I don't see how they can get by without having a restroom. It just seemed rather strange.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank HUSKERTRAVELER

Dear Huckertraveler,

Thank you for informing future guests that we actually do care about what happens to your property while you are staying with us. As we live in the heart of the mountains, we co-habitate with the wiildlife. This means that bears in particular will come through our parking lot looking for food opportunities such as food/coolers left in cars. The bears are surprisingly intelligent. They will not only break into a car for something that smells good, but also for something such as a cooler that they associate with food. Once they find a food source they will return, causing more damage which eventually leads to their un-natural death. For the safety of your property, the property of other hotel guests, as well as the wildlife we love, we encourage you and thank you for doing what is right and taking the precautions to not feed the bears

To reply to your other concerns:
The bathroom doors automatically shut in order to decrease damage to the entrance door as they would otherwise open into each other.

As you experienced through your decision to have a sandwich, Cafe 203 not only offers Indian food, but sandwiches, pizzas, and salads as well.

That being said, we actually receive many compliments on the abundance of information (restaurants, shops, etc) that our front desk staff supply to our guests including the two menu guides that are available at the front desk.. We also have a concierge touchscreen in our lobby for information as well. Please do keep in mind that as we are a small town, many restaurants close between 9-10 PM so options will be limited the later it gets.

Thank you for staying with us.