Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes(Mammoth Lakes)
  • Pool
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolgas stationmade to order eggswestern hotelscovered parkingfree breakfastfresh fruitbreakfast was excellentwould stay here againmain streetmiddle of townvery nice hotelone night staybeds were comfortablecoffee makerroom was largeski area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

It was a good stay, with adequate service, large room including king bed and sofa. Covered parking is a nice plus. Good breakfast with freshly cooked pancakes and/or French toasts. We didn't have time to jump into the indoor pool but it definitely looked inviting. Coin operated laundry was nice to have.
I am not rating it 5 because it was relatively pricey. I know, other hotels in the area aren't cheap either but still, you are not forced to follow the trend of inflated prices!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ggllk
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Very nice hotel, with indoor swimming pool and spa. Large rooms, clean and very comfortable. Close to stores, visitor center and the "village". Covered parking was a plus. Large variety for the complimentary breakfast. Fresh food, good. Appreciated the microwave and fridge. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelinf00l
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed here with a group of UK over 55s for 1 night. The hotel itself is very nice, my room was well presented and breakfast was fine. I thought dinner might be a problem for me because the restaurant is predominately Indian cuisine, that is to say Indian as in India, not Native American, however they do also do Italian so I managed to find a suitable pasta dish and my problem was solved. The next thing was that nobody knew how many fluid ounces were in a pint. I decided to err on the side of caution so as not to rob myself, and I plumped for a 22 ounce beer. As I looked at the bottle I noticed it said 22 ounces was 1 pint and 6 ounces, thus 22 minus 6 is 16 so there is the answer: 1 pint is 16 ounces. Now we all know, including the staff here. If you come from the UK this could be useful knowledge for you too. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We booked a three night stay here in March for our ski vacation and were very happy we did. The rooms plenty big, beds comfortable and the continental hot breakfast was really good and plentiful. I appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and the property. Our room was on the 3rd flood and was super quiet. I never heard the guest's on either side of us or noise from the outside for that matter. The hotel is a very short drive or shuttle ride to the village and the gondola. The hotel staff was great during our stay and dealt with us with nothing but professionalism. All of us were ill at one point or another during our stay there, and the staff were very understanding and helpful with all our needs. It was great to have the complimentary hot breakfast before hitting the slopes. We will most certainly be staying here again next ski season and will probably make it our home base for our trips to Mammoth.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thematrix
EmilyEC, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear thematrix,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am sorry to hear that you were all ill while you were here but it sounds like you enjoyed your time in Mammoth Lakes and in our hotel anyway. We look forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived at this hotel to be greeted by the most friendly and knowledgable staff! She was able to check us in quickly and provide us with extensive information about where to eat with our two children aged 8 and 10. The room was lovely and the children were excited to be able to see snow from the window. The next morning we enjoyed a yummy buffet breakfast with everything from pancakes to bacon and eggs. The children then enjoyed a swim in the pool before check out. I was able to use the laundry facilities to quickly and easily wash and dry all of our clothes and the hotel was central to everything - from restaurants to shops and a petrol station. We would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family