“Boat Rental at Convict Lake”
Review of Convict Lake

Convict Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake known for its alpine scenery and rainbow trout.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great crew at Convict Lake. We rented a nice pontoon boat for the day. The boat was clean and ran great. It was everything they said it would be. Nice people on the dock too that helped us get going. I would rent from them again for sure!

All reviews
"high sierra"
"great fishing"
"hiking trails"

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed in the campgrounds at Convict Lake. Every single one of the managers in the campground were great. Very nice and fun to talk with. Has to be the cleanest campground bathrooms I have ever been too. Stayed with family in their camper but next time I am going to look into one of the two services they have where you can a camper and they set everything up for you.

2  Thank JJ-Hendreson
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Multiple shades of clear, blue water set against a backdrop of a magnificent mountain...the views are amazing. The colors were unforgettable--the green trees against the blue water I described and the clear blue sky made for some a fabulous pictures. It does get windy and chilly in some spots, but keep walking around the lake's perimeter to find a warm spot. Lots of fishers there, families and couples. I've been to Switzerland before and Convict Lake made me think immediately of Interlaken. Serene and gorgeous!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were driving up 395 when I noticed a little sign saying Convict Lake 2 miles to the West..... Being that we were on a photo road trip and I have seen quite a few pics of the lake, I suggested it to my husband. Sooooooo of we went. Within the two miles we had moved up a canyon and entered an area with gorgeous monoliths and a sparkling lake in the foreground. I noticed campsites with motor homes and tenters in them. I think they also had little cabins. We parked and were able to take pics and enjoy a few minutes in an absolutely spectacular spot.

I am an avid hiker and have been all over the Sierra on the West side as well as hiking the John Muir Trail and several trips in the Mt. Whitney area. Throughout that hiking I have seen amazing lakes and scenery and have had my breath taken away by places that I have had to really work at to get to. Though I LOVE the adventure and the uniqueness of those moments, I was really happy to see a spot like Convict lake that is accessible to people who cannot take the hiking adventures that I can. If you have not seen this.... don't miss it. BEAUTIFUL!

I think you can take a walk completely around the lake or can stick to just hooping out of the car to enjoy the beauty. I also believe you can rent little patio boats if you want to get further into the lake area. I marked you could stay one to two hours, but honestly if you have more time take it.

If you are in a trailer and want an overnight in a lovely spot this is a great place. I think it is 20$ per night and probably needs advance reservations..... I don't believe there are hook ups, but there are flushing toilets.

2  Thank gdncd