“Good but a little rough around the edges.”

Rafters Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafters Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 91 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Mammoth Landmark since 1967, Rafters has been reborn as a world class restaurant under the ownership of James and Nancy Demetriades. Executive Chef Jeremy Graham presents New California cuisine complimented by one of Mammoth's most extensive wine lists and perfectly crafted cocktails. Now serving breakfast and dinner, and providing room service to Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa next door. Serving Happy Hour daily from 4pm-6pm and all night on Thursdays - PLUS live music in the lounge every Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I called a few days in advance to make a reservation for my husband's birthday. I requested a booth for our party of five. When we arrived, no reservations but they could seat us. Not in a booth as 5 were too many. (Couldn't she tell us that when she failed to make our reservation?) Again, no problem. We sat down. The place was not very busy but yet the service was VERY slow. Don't get me wrong--the wait staff was very friendly and helpful--they just didn't seem to have it together. My husband's martini, for instance, sat on the bar for a good ten minutes before the waiter picked it up to deliver to us. It took quite awhile before anyone came to take our order as well. The food was hit and miss, too. My spinach gnocchi with grilled shrimp, roasted garlic, cherry tomatoes in a creamy basil pesto sauce was very good. My husband's baked penne and my son's baked shells were tasty but very dry. Would I go back? Probably for breakfast or lunch; doubt I'll do dinner again. Too much money for what we got.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The wine list is amazing and we love the Oso Bucco, Soups, breakfasts, everything is fresh and delicious.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had been here years ago, and found it average. This time was a wonderful experience with good food and value for money. I will recommend it now....

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Interesting building - sort of A-frame - hence the name. There is a large bar area, huge fireplace, main eating area - one part is restaurant style, the other booth style and there were at least two separate areas with parties. The food was delicious, service great and the owner was very helpful over our choice of wine, gave us samples of another wine and a digestive on the house. They have a hotel next door and it might be worth a try. This is a long walk down the road from The Village but there is a courtesy bus service round the area,which was handy after a long day on the piste!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a great meal & service. My husband had the sea bass special and I had the quinoa with scallops. both were very good. We finished with creme brulee-delicious!

1  Thank kgthomas