“Good place to visit with kids”

Hot Creek Fish Hatchery
More attraction details
Owner description: The entry point for millions of trout eggs, this is one of the main hatcheries in California's fish-stocking program.
los angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good place to visit with kids”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We just took our kids there and considering they didn't catch any fish for the past two days, they liked seeing all the fish. Make sure you take quarters to buy fish food as there is no change available there.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank bizskitravel

Denver, CO
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Here Fishy, Fishy”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A typical hatchery, some basis things to see but other hatcheries let you see more. There is no shade. Kinda felt sorry for the fish.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CanonMinolta
Tennessee
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Pretty neat!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this beautiful hachtery! The views are amazing. It's a little hard to find off the HWY 395; the only thing telling you that it's there is a brown sign with a fish on it. After you make that turn there is better signage. It's worth the stop! Lots of fish! Very nice! Hours are 9-3.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sleepyhollow420
Gainesville, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One fish, Two fish”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was awesome! Loved the fish hatchery. In addition to the fish, there was much wildlife around, again, lots of birds!

Visited June 2012
City San Fernando, State California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Side trip for kids”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Let me say that I love fishing so I wish I could drop a line here. There are trout that have to be 6-7 pounds. Anyways we took our kids and nephews and they just loved feeding the fish as they watched the fish go crazy for the food. I think I had more fun watching my kids than watching the fish.

Visited June 2012