“OUTSTANDING SERVICE!”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Delray Beach, Florida
“OUTSTANDING SERVICE!”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I am the type of traveller that really values a good hotel and I know how hard it can be to please me, but the Mammoth Mountain inn has really surprised me by their outstanding service, flexibility, great customer service, management and amazing location.

I was supposed to stay until the 13th but will stay one more night. By the way, their staff speaks several languages, including Portuguese :)

Cons: They don't have a refrigerator or microwave in the room. At least mine didn't have. I asked for the microwave, and they immediately found me one. I didn't ask for the refrigerator, so I am assuming they don't offer them.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
jettelarsen, G at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2010
Dear KarinaLea

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us - our staff will be very pleased that you had fun here.

Please know that you can request refrigerators and microwaves ahead of your arrival when you make the reservation and we will gladly preplace in your room.

Jette Larsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is so very, very nice, and the location is perfect! What a great place to vacation. We usually end up getting a room with a kitchenette, and after a quick trip to Vons, never leave until it's time to go home. The childcare is onsite and is EXCELLENT from infant to big kid. Woolywood is also right outside, and the resort has a wonderful 1/2 day ski/snowboard school/childcare combo. The customer service is excellent and Darla, the manager, has been extremely helpful and accomodating each time we've come. Our kids, ages 4 and 10, love it here. The restaurant is good, and hotel bar and Yoddler bar are great apres ski (although we do miss the Yoddler's old menu).

While not the ritziest hotel in Mammoth, it's the most comfortable and has the best locaction. We've come many times and have always had a great time. We'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
jettelarsen, Ge at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear Shansmum

I am very glad that you had a nice time in Mammoth.

I will share your nice comments with our staff - they will be very happy as well.

Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The hotel looks really nice and the ambiance is nice. The service is good. The rooms were clean and accommodating. The beds were just terribly uncomfortable. Nice use of Aveda products for the toiletries though...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear trilobite01

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

I just wanted to let you know that we are getting new beds this year and making some other room upgrades so that should help the rooms become more comfortable.

California
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed here for a week for business/work. The hotel gave us a discounted rate, which was reasonable. I wasn't able to go skiing, but this is definitely the place for it. The lifts are within easy walking distance.

At first, I thought there was a strange smell in the place, then I realized that everyone came in with wet, snowy ski boots. Totally reasonable when you consider the pounds of snow and slush that come through the doors. The staff was good about putting industrial blowers in the hallways.

My partners had small rooms, but mine was decent. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but it wasn't bad. The views of the lifts and mountains was nice.

We ate at the Yodler restaurant twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. The night we came in, we sat at the bar and wanted a quick bite. The bartender (I think his name was Jason,) wasn't rude, but was completely uninterested. Most resort or tourist places I have been have had excellent, friendly bartenders and he didn't come close.

The food was slow, but decent. Nothing to write home about. I had the Philly Cheesesteak for $11 and my friends had the Kobe Burgers for $14. Mine was okay and theirs was rare, even after ordering medium. The fries were small and cold.

For lunch, I had the Mammoth Nachos and my friends had the BBQ Chipotle salads. All were excellent. Lindsey was our waitress and she was great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear mpas7

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn.

Please rest assured that I will share your experiences with the appropriate department heads so that we can keep improving upon our services.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This is a real ski in ski out hotel. You can just walk to the lifts and be there in 2 minutes.
Excellent service, very friendly staff members, and awesome manager - Jette.
No, this is not Ritz Carlton, for those of you who left negative feedbacks. But Ritz doesn’t have locations like this one and even if they did, the rooms would have been $700 a night. So, lower your expectations please.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
jettelarsen, G at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear James_Bond

Thank you so much for your feedback - I am glad you had a nice vacation in Mammoth.

We are making some upgrades to the rooms this year to make them more comfortable.

See you soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed January 23, 2010

In a day and age when good customer service is very hard to come by, the Mammoth Mountain Inn still delivers. I've traveled many places and stayed in many hotels where it seems the customer is always WRONG. Not the case at the Mammoth Mountain Inn, they will bend over backwards to make sure your stay as enjoyable as possible. Namely, I would like to compliment Sonya French and Brittany Ray. Not only did they go out of their way to be extremely accommodating, they did it all with smiles and friendly demeanor. Add all of that in with a prime location and you have got yourself a perfect ski vacation. Mammoth Mountain Inn has earned my business for life.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Dear powderjunkie1983

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I will share your kind comments with Sonya and Brittany - they will be very happy.

I look forward to meeting you.

San Diego, California
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We came here on the MLK weekend Jan 15-18 stayed for three nights. Arrived at around 10:30 PM, check in took less than 3 minutes. The lady that was checking us in went upstairs to the bar to ask them to keep the kitchen open just for us. We ordered dinner and drinks and went to sleep. The food was good the service was excellent.

If you plan to SKI this is the place to stay. You walk outside of the hotel and in front of you there are two chair lifts with many trail options. You can rent SKI equipment and buy the lift ticket in the hotel SKI shop which is very convenient. They have a complimentary storage area for all SKI equipment. The guys in the bell shop are very helpful with everything from letting you borrow a brush to clean snow off your car to putting on chains for you and removing them for you.

The hotel has many amenities everything from inside Jacuzzi tubs to an awesome game room. This is a great hotel for the family. If you are coming with kids you should upgrade to the 2 story 2 king bed room. This is not a 5 star luxury hotel but everything about it is so convenient and you really feel taken care off and if you plan to SKI this is the best hotel to stay in. Their rates were very reasonable compared to some of the rates in the other hotels. When I come to Mammoth again I am going to stay here only. There is a 20 a day resort fee, not a big deal when you compare their rates to the other hotels. By the way everybody knows about this fee ahead of time before arrival they do a really good job about being upfront about this fee. I used the high speed internet inside the room using a network cable it was fast and free. There was plenty of free parking. A shuttle can take you to some of the hot spots in town but we used taxi cabs Mammoth Mountain Cab (mini-van), they cost $20 each way and very convenient door to door service.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Dear worldcupfan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mammoth Mountain Inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I will share with our staff - they will be happy to know that they made your stay enjoyable.