“Housekeeping staff member Cherish Hegi”

Mammoth Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at the Mammoth Mountain Inn during the last week of March into the 1st week of April, 2014. My 7 year old son arrived home without his gray stuffed bunny along with a couple of other toys. He was distraught over having left his beloved bunny that he has had his whole life, and you can imagine how worrisome the situation had become!

When I called the hotel they passed me to Cherish Hegi in the housekeeping department. She told me she would look in the room and through the lost and found in their department and call me back.

Cherish promptly called me back 2 hours later and let me know she had found the bunny and additional items and took my credit card and address for shipping costs to return the items. They are at the time of this writing on a fed ex truck for delivery today!

Cherish is awesome and I wanted to make sure everybody knows how responsible and reliable she is at her job.

Thank you Cherish!

H Young. room 656 under the name Moore.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank H Y
There are newer reviews for Mammoth Mountain Inn

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed last weekend at The Village in a one bedroom condo w/full kitchen. The room was great, well appointed and clean, certainly appropriate for its intended use. Would go back in a heartbeat, especially if I could get another good deal like I did.

Was welcomed by a towel "mammoth" in the bathroom. Friend stayed on the fold out couch. When my friend opened the fold out bed up to go to bed sat night, the housekeeping staff had even made up his bed. Attention to details like this go a LONG way.

Only complaint was that the couch was a tad bit uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time, but hey, who's complaining?

Absolutely a great trip, the gondola was steps away that made the trip even better. Being able to get on the lifts at 8:30 exactly is a BONUS.

Room Tip: 1br condos are NICE.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

starting from the top, the front desk manager, Darla Ross and to every interaction we had with every employee from house cleaning, to restaurant/bar servers to ski rental folks, a first class treatment. Thank you Darla and team for making our winters season a pleasant and memorable one. Will see you all next season :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Every time we go to the Mammoth mountain Inn we are treated very well, Darla and Cory are excellent hosts, they answer every question, and help solve any problem that comes up.
Can't say enough about these people. They make use fell welcomed.
Thanks again !
Greg & Rose

Room Tip: never had a bad room we like main building
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We've stayed here three times since my last review in Jan 2013. I just can't stay away in spite of the problems with the physical plant of the hotel-- something is always in need of fixing in the room. I've since read that the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is seeking federal approval to tear down the Mammoth Mtn Inn and to develop the area.

The friendly, helpful service, esp from Darla the daytime manager, has kept us coming back.

We're able to tolerate the slightly decrepit conditions of the hotel due to the amazing slopeside location. We feed the kids, get them into their gear, and walk them up to the chair lifts every morning. The slopeside ski valet during the busier times of the season is also very convenient. All the convenience of the location is worth the pricy room rate for the motel-like room conditions.

We've been staying in the East Building, which is quieter and has better views. Thank you to the staff for usually booking our room in the East Building.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 626ALP
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I should preface this by saying that normally we stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. This hotel is definitely not in that range! I also don't ski; I came along to keep my husband company and then stayed in the room working. So, the internet access is very good. But other aspects were not so good. For example, the photos on the internet show a beautiful view of the mountains, which was what I was hoping for while I was snug inside. Instead I got to see the building next door. The shower was the worst I have ever encountered. In fact, it could not be defined as a shower, a dribble is more accurate. It was terrible on the first day - but then on the second, there was a weak semblance of a shower. The room was reasonably clean - but only reasonably so. The bathroom needed a really good scrub. The check-in and check-out processes were easy enough though there was no offer of help with our bags. We ate in the restaurant the first night. Firstly they were understaffed. The people who were there were trying their best but really there is no excuse for not having enough staff on. The hotel would know how many guests are booked in and so must have some idea of how many people will want to dine. The food had to be the worst I have ever had. We ordered ravioli - and it was sweet. A sweet main course??? After waiting ages, and being hungry, we both left at least half. I only ate that much because I was starving.

Room Tip: Pay extra and stay in the inn itself not in one of the wings.
1  Thank Christine D
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place is legendary--needs some updating, yes but the location and staff cannot be beat! Steps from the gondola and main lodge with convenient ski valet in the lobby make this location unbeatable. Front desk staff is gracious and accomodating. Special thank you to Cade and Darla for outstanding service provided. We requested a frig in our room and had a great conversation with the guy who delivered it. Every staff member we encountered was warm, friendly, and accomodating. Even with this disappointing snow year, there were smiles all around. We love this place and stay here 5-7 times/year and the service level is consistently excellent. Looking forward to seeing y'all again soon

Room Tip: Face the mountain for gorgeous views