“Great staff, great place!”

Mammoth Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Lima, Peru
“Great staff, great place!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Where great facilities combine with a great service it's always a must. I used to stay here when I am leaving Death Valley on the way to Yosemite. I've always received a warm welcome from the staff and the manager and they are really pro-active to ensure you a good stay. I love have a local beer at the bar with a view of the ski resort, this is unique. The location is quiet and offer a quality environment. I highly recommend this place, it definitively worth the few miles to add after arriving in Mammoth Lakes.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Yann74
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Yann74

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stays.

Can't wait to see you soon.

Jette:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed there for two days, on business, so that my requirements were simple: I needed a decent, clean room, with reliable internet access and basic amenities. The only good thing was the bed - comfortable and clean. The remote control for the TV didn't work - perhaps it needed a battery. There were missing friction strips in the bathtub - as a person with recent knee surgery this was an issue; I was constantly afraid of falling in the tub. There was no grab-bar in the tub either; in addition, on the second morning the water temperature varied with no reason while I was showering. I came in late on the first night after a difficult drive - all I wanted was a nice room-service meal - who the heck wants to pay $20 plus a surcharge for a burger? Also, no room service alcohol - I guess they want you to go downstairs and buy their overpriced wine and beer. The internet stopped working the first evening - I kept calling and tried everything they suggested - mostly to re-start the computer. The second evening I lost my temper and they finally sent "da tech guy" around who left a cable that he connected to allow my to at least check the emails. The only nice employee was the person who came and helped with the luggage. I even had to call after I returned to obtain an emails copy of my receipt. Altogether a dismal experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charlene R

Thank you for letting us know about the shortcomings during your stay. Please rest assured that I have addressed the opportunities with the appropriate staff.

Please let me know how I can make this up to you.

Cotati
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are going in the summer , there is NO air conditioning. When I tried to get a refund for a cancelled night by filing a disput with my credit card company some women took the call. She must have forgotten to take her meds. She was so rude. After running out of lame excuses as to why she could not refund one night's stay she hung up on me. Also beware of the fine print telling you will be charge an additional fee for use of the pool and spas ( even if you don't use them) .

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear wing87

Please contact me so we can discuss your stay in person. You can reach me at
760-934-2581.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My brother and I decided to stay at the Inn before and after our backpacking trip. We wanted a place to adjust to the altitude and get a feel of the area as well as have a great place to return to after sleeping in the wilderness for a few days. This place did just that. They upgraded our room to include a loft with a great view of the mountain. The service was great and they went out of their way to help us out with any questions we had about the area. The only drawback was the AC deal. A ceiling fan in the loft would be a good idea too. Otherwise, I'd given it 5 stars. If you are an active individual or family this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Paul C

Thank you so much for sharing your experience - the staff will be delighted that you had a great stay.

See you next time after backpacking.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the mammoth mountain inn for our anniversary and the Jazz Jubilee. We had originally booked a standard queen on Expedia but at check in the front desk had upgraded us to king in the main building. It was a bet nice surprise! The room was cozy and had a beautiful view. The down side is there is no air conditioning and the weekend we were there had to be the hottiest! Also their tv carriers have shotty service and could only get a handful of chanels. Good things about the hotel was the shuttle service. We were able to go to the festivities without driving or worrying. Also the location is great for things to do. Next time I will have to bring my children. All together I would deffiently stay again and recommend to my friends. It's service was amazIng, the front desk was so nice and I really appreciate the upgrade and the restaurant was good as well. And should be back up there for the wine festival in mid-August and I have already booked my room at the inn.

• Stayed July 2012
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Fabalie
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay - I am glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Please contact me directly so that I can upgrade you on your next visit to the wine festival.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Henderson, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The service was great, the people were nice and friendly at the front desk as was our server at the restaurant. The rooms were nice and comfy. The food at the Mountain Side Grill/ Dry Creek Bar was good, especially the Bison chili with corn bread.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear ChrisAMetcalf

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at The Mammoth Mountain Inn. Our staff will be delighted as well.

Paradise, California, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Upon check in, we were informed there would be a 20 dollar a day "resort" fee, which provides most of what other hotels give you for free (breakfast not included). This fee wasn't properly disclosed by hotels.com, and only referenced it in small print in the confirmation. Other than that, the stingy-sized room was ok, a bit noisy with the maids vacuuming the hallway each day outside our door at 7am. Smaller "fees" appeared upon checkout, which were never disclosed. The hotel is at the ski resort, 5 miles from town. If you need to be there for skiing, that's where to stay. If not, stay in town.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main part of the lodge. It's been remodeled.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chadwrite
jettelarsen, General Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Chadwrite

Thank you so much for your comments - we are indeed looking into a better way to include the resort fees and taxes into your grand total upon time of booking. Please rest assured that we do not intend to have these charges be hidden fees.