“Stop Stiffing Us On Service, Schat's”

Shea Schat's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Mammoth Lakes
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 23, 2013

You have a great name, a good location, and fine products, so why don't you fix your lousy service. I wouldn't say this if I hadn't returned on multiple occasions to receive the sassy smart and downright rude service from your restaurant personnel. Galling, the last time when your sandwich cashier overcharged me, I meekly suggested that she recheck the price before paying, she told me that I'm getting "a deal, I paid and then returned to the same cashier within moments pointing out that she had overcharged us, actually billing us for an ADDITIONAL HALF SANDWICH order, and she wouldn't even look at the receipt. The heck with that, I'm voting with my feet to go elsewhere next time. As I said, this wasn't the first time this funny business happened to me.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stopped in for a lunch time snack and purchased a ham and cheese croissant. It was delicious. I m looking forward to coming back and trying a sandwich from the back/restaurant section next visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Super duper early morning place to get a nice big cup of coffee and an apple fritter to hit the road with. Great place!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Apparently, the Schat's in Bishop is the one to go to but since I drive in from the north, the Schat's in Mammoth is my place to stop for baked goodies on the way out of town.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Across the street from the Best Western High Sierra hotel this USA great pastry shop for early morning donuts and more specialty items. Part of the Schat's family bakeries, the main being in Bishop. Can't miss 'em...