Tripadvisor
Mammoth Lakes
Post
Inbox
Search

“Cozy with a Fancy, Upscale Menu”

Petras Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed the brussels sprouts appetizer which was sauteed with a lovely sauce. However, what I really enjoyed was the Gluwein (hot mulled red wine). A great chef preparing a varied menu.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (244)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Yes! Over the years, Petra’s has withstood the test of time because the Schaubmeyers really care if you enjoyed their food, service, ambiance. Extensive and thoughtfully curated wine list, inventive cuisine, attentive service all just steps from the Village (for those of you unfamiliar, this is a purpose built mixed use village, not in the main part of the Town of Mammoth Lakes but a convenient location to everything). Over any eatery this close, or even in, the Village, this should be your first choice.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Ok, we arrived assuming we had a 7:15 reservation. None was on their books, finally they determined it was for the next night. I’m not sure it was their mistake or mine, but they did what any great business should do and made it right! They found a way to seat us and gave amazing service. On top of that the food was outstanding, drinks were unique and creative, and waitstaff were personable. Every time I come to Mammoth I love eating here!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 5, 2019

I always go here first when I come to town. If I'm by myself i just sit at the bar and have my favorite meal. Who else makes confit duck?

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019

We happened to be here for an early dinner during their “happy hour.” The most expensive entrees were $10. I had their Crab and Shrimp Louie Salad - a full dinner serving that did not skimp on the shrimp (large shrimp that may have come from the East Coast), and would be in the $20-25 range in the SF Bay Area. My husband had their pasta bolognese, a lightly sauced but tasty dish. We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned the next evening!

Date of visit: October 2019