“Solid dining experience.”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Petra's and the service was lovely. I had two appetizers cause that's how I roll these days. I had the crab cakes, which were decent but nothing special. I also ordered the special heirloom tomato salad with buffalo mozzarella. The tomatoes were perfect but I was really surprised at the teeny, tiny amount of cheese. There were three small (and I mean small) balls of cheese with these giant heirlooms.

My husband ordered the grilled romaine salad and had the chicken. Since I never make chicken at home, he was very happy.

Wine list was good.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great service at the bar. Food was terrific, they handled our kids really well and everyone enjoyed. Place was packed with a line for tables, a mark of a good spot.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I chose Petra's Bistro from reading a number of good reviews on the internet. My husband and I love good food and it was my birthday, so we took a chance on this restaurant. Our original twosome turned into a party of 11, as 9 other friends decided to join us despite my warning that the food was a little pricey. We were seated by the front window in a room that was not crowded with other tables. The ambience was warm and comfortably casual. The bread was good (important to me), and we ordered crab cakes and sauteed mushrooms for appetizers. The mains included the scallops, salmon, and pasta with bolognese sauce, among other dishes. The courses came out at a leisurely pace, much like dining in Europe. The service was great, and everyone loved the food. It could not have been a better choice for a birthday dinner with my husband and friends.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had wanted to try the food at Petras. Finally I did. I was very impressed with the quality of the food. They have an extensive beer and wine selection. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Service was superb. It is so nice to go to Mammoth area and be able to eat at a higher end restaurant, but don't have to dress up to the hilt. This restaurant has no parking problem. There is a private parking area. Reservation is advised.

1  Thank CaliforniaViv
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Intimate, sophisticated, but casual...very interesting menu. Beautiful fresh salads and fish. Nice wine selection with a broad spread of prices. Friendly servers. We liked it so much we returned to this restaurant after our 13 days on the trail. Moderate + pricing, but good value.

1  Thank ernieLoomisCa