“Amazing food and service”

The Lakefront Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 93 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

we have been coming to mammoth for awhile and this was our first time coming to the lakefront. they got us in without a reservation (but I would recommend getting one). we started out with the oyster shooters... so yummy. beet salad.... fresh..... I had the vegetarian entree which was cauliflower steak with lentils and pesto... the best!!! my husband had the chicken and he loved it. the desserts were unbelievable. Would highly recommend this restaurant..

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love, love this restaurant and the service is outstanding. The presentation and menu choices are very well thought out and change with what is seasonal.. We love their salmon when in season and the wild Maine blueberry tart is wonderful. Not really suited for very young children, however they do have some children selections available.

If you go, get a reservation for around 7-7:30 so you can admire the Alpenglow off the mountains and lake.

1  Thank JKRan
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant has a new chef who is in over his head. Three of us went for a birthday dinner and I sent my wild boar back. The meat was a tasteless and stringy stew and the pasta was thick and dense, like little failed cakes. The seafood was overcooked and dry. Vegetarian dish could have used a complimenting sauce. The beets were good but how can you ruin a beet. The dinner was batting zero all around, and to top it off, the prices were higher than ever. I just came from Auberg du Soliel in the wine country, and the prices were about the same; but the food at Lakefront could not even begin to compare. I wrote a review of this restaurant a few years ago when it had a very fine chef. It is still included in the reviews here; I need to take it off; so that patrons do not get the wrong idea about this restaurant.

3  Thank AmigaElizabeth
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent presentation and food was superb! The restaurant is small and so I would recommend reservations. Cannot say enough about the service and the menu choices. There was a large party in the room and it did get noisy but that would not discourage me from.returning. Well worth the drive.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Must have reservations for a fine dining meal at this wonderful gem of a restaurant in the Tamarack Lodge on Lake Mary. Glorious scenery and lodge ambience and wonderful food and wine. The truffles appetizer is especially wonderful.