“Good stay but a few caveats”

Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Good stay but a few caveats”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the Runner's World Half Marathon festival. While the hotel is dated but it is quiet and the room was huge. The king size bed was very comfortable. There are only stairs available to the second floor which is fine for me but just be aware. My room was interior to the hotel but I noticed it has some motel style rooms in the back section - again just something to be aware of when booking your stay. It is a good quality for a Best Western branded hotel about what I expected. Not high end at all but a solid 2 star hotel on par with similar branded for a reasonable price. Restaurant (The Red Zone) was pricy I opted to eat at some the local places in downtown.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Best Western. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Managing Director- Richard Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Haverford, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had not checked out of my room yet and was at a conference held at the hotel. I was found at the conference and informed I lost my wallet. I went to get my wallet at the front desk and asked where it was found and they informed my room. I told them that was interesting because I had not checked out of my room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Carolyn B
Dear Guest,
Once again I apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay but there was no need to make it as alarming as you made it sound with your review. We take security very seriously for example; readable electronic door locks and 24 hrs security cameras to better protect our guests’ safety and try to prevent situation like this from occurring. Even though, you were not checked-out of the room you were scheduled to departure and all your belongings were out of the guest room at the time housekeeping entered the room and when the wallet was found which raises the question of the amount of money missing. We conducted our investigation and dealt with the problem internally. Further, we compensated for all your expenses at the hotel’s cost to make up for the inconvenience and aggravation. If I can assist you further, I gave you my business card certainly let me know.

Managing Director- Richard Sanchez

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Courtice, On, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very impressed with size of rooms and quality of beds. We all had a great sleep (4). The fire alarm was beeping when we got to the room so I phoned front desk and within minutes they were there changing the battery. Cannot beat the value! Whenever we are around the area, we'll definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I am so happy to hear your stay at our Best Western was a pleasant one. We continue making changes and renovations based on feedback and our goal it’s to deliver consistency and the level of service you deserve. Thank you,

Havertown, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Besides the staff (who were overall very nice & helpful) the hotel was awful! The room smelled of mold, the food was terrible, the workout room was embarrassingly small and the beds were really uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I’m sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We upgraded the fitness room with brand new equipment but it’s small that was probably a big part of your rating. We’re working on new tile floors for all guest rooms and replacing carpeting. I hope you give us another chance next time you’re in the area.

LANGHORNE
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice hotel. Staff was great. The beds are in need of a serious upgrade. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and were also very small. It was difficult for two people to share the same bed. The free breakfast was OK but they ran out of food on a busy Sunday morning so if you stay here, make sure you get your breakfast early.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback! I’m happy to hear that our staff took care of you. I addressed the breakfast issues with our Chef to make sure we don’t run low in food during our heavy group, sport weekends; our complementary hot breakfast buffet is one of our best features. Also, we’ll be upgrading mattresses in the near future so I hope to see you soon. Safe travels!!

Central Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times now for events held on site. The location is convenient, amenities (like the breakfast) are good, the restaurant okay (but has issues with communication from the restaurant and bar to the waitstaff).

The rooms are spacious and clean, however, the exterior doors are broken. You need to break your shoulder to open the door on the fifth try. The cleaning crew carries on loud conversations in the hallway when they don't think anyone is around (but are attentive when they see a guest at least).

The biggest problem is the front desk staff -- inflexible, incompetent and the manager is never around. It's ironic that the hotel is not very accommodating with late check-out -- pushing back on even offering 12:30 when many of the rooms weren't available when I checked in at 3:15 pm two days before and being NASTY about it. They were also rude to me when I made my reservation (when I made the request for a first floor room) and assigned me a room as far away from the event site as possible. (I had friends who showed up four hours later than me who made their reservation later than me who were placed much closer)

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
NConigliaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the Front Desk. We take pride in our customer service and I have addressed your comments with my team to avoid situations like this going forward. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and hope your event went well. If there is anything else you'd like to bring to my attention, please do not hesitate contacting me at nconigliaro@lehighvalleyhotel.com.
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife as a stop during a couples get away. Nice service. Good restaurant recommendation. Outdoor pool with pool bar (not swim up) but a good sound system. Extended families would revel here. Small grass area is a draw back. And if there is a wedding there and you aren't part of it space may be further constrained. But if you want to hang out by the pool with friends or family, this is a great value pick in warm weather.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the Bethlehem area.