I stayed here this passed weekend with some co-workers for a work convention in town. I've stayed in nicer hotels, but I've stayed in way worse also. The location was great, as it was right off the highway but situated to where even if you stepped outside you could not hear the highway traffic. The gentleman at check-in (I think his name was Mike) was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were on the second floor.. There is no elevator, which is probably a huge problem for some people, but wasn't for me. They have an outdoor seasonal pool and an indoor pool, which I didn't use so I can't comment on it. There is a sports bar called The Red Zone which we ordered pizza from.. It wasn't bad, but I'm pretty certain it was a frozen pizza.. The price was good though and they do deliver it to your room. They have a club type bar also, so unless you are into that scene I wouldnt suggest walking out front of the hotel at night, as all the night club patrons were congregated out there smoking. I did not hear the loud music from the club thorough out the rest of the hotel though, as one other reviewer mentioned.
The free breakfast was in the restaurant area, and I thought it was very plentiful for a continental breakfast.. Scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, homes fries, bagels and pastries and several different kinds of juices.
I saw that some guests commented on the condition of the beds.. I personally thought they were very comfortable, as were the pillows which seemed to be brand new. I loved the comforter.. It was very good quality, however one of my co-workers commented that it was like the lead blankets they put on you for X-rays as it was very heavy.. I thought it was comfortable though. The room was fairly clean, but could have been better. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm somewhat of a clean freak, so I may be a little overly critical.. But the shower could have been cleaner, and the carpet in the room was not vacuumed thoroughly. The flatscreen TV was fairly large for a hotel room. The air-conditioner worked very well.. I like my room cold, so this was a plus, but I also like my room quiet, and the unit was pretty loud.
We did have a slight issue with one of our rooms we booked.. The key card would not work in the door, which I did not realize until very late in the day when I returned from the convention, as upon check-in I just dropped my luggage off in my co-workers room. I went to the front desk to get a new key card, and the lady at the desk was not overly-friendly. I told her the issue and she said (somewhat begrudgingly) "Well, the card seems to be working fine, but I guess I'll just make you a new one." It was as if she were suggesting the problem to be that I didn't understand the proper way to use a key card.. Making me a new card without the snide comment would have suited just fine. The new card still did not work, but I was exhausted, so I ended up sharing a room with my co-workers (both men, but luckily one is also my boyfriend, since I had to share a bed with him). The next morning they did credit my room back to my company, and I just shared a room the remainder of the time. They said that the key lock on the door for my original room had a dead battery which is why it did not work.. Probably something they should have fixed before checking someone into it.
Overall it was a satisfying stay, pretty comfortable and the incidents that did take place were easily remedied.. stuff happens, I understand that. I would stay here again if I were in the area, and I would recommend it as well as it is overall a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in historic Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, this charming full-service hotel offers modern conveniences perfect for business and leisure travelers alike. The BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center is located in the heart of Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley, allowing guests easy access to popular attractions and surrounding cities, including Allentown, Easton and Philadelphia. Enjoy walking through historic Bethlehem or appreciate local art at Banana Factory®, the Allentown Art Museum or the unique SteelStacks®. There's plenty of family-friendly fun at the nearby Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, the DaVinci Discovery Center and Crayola® Factory. Or, hedge your bets at Sands Casino, just five miles away. Lehigh University and several other local colleges are also only minutes away from this Bethlehem hotel.Perfect for well-executed events and stunning weddings, this property is a premier event venue in Lehigh Valley. With more than 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, we can accommodate events of up to 800 people. Guests traveling on business will appreciate the hotel's full business services and close proximity to corporate locations such as the Lehigh Valley Industrial Park, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Specialty Minerals, Booch Rexroth and more. For added convenience, the BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley & Conference Center is just three miles from the Lehigh Valley International Airport. Each of the 192 spacious, well-appointed guest rooms at this pet-friendly Bethlehem hotel features a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Start the day off with a complimentary full breakfast and unwind in the evening with a drink at the onsite restaurant or cocktail lounge, complete with live entertainment. Other hotel amenities include the largest outdoor swimming pool in the area, an exercise facility and children's activities.Make a reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lehigh Valley Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Plus Lehigh Valley Hotel Bethlehem
- Bethlehem Best Western
- Best Western Bethlehem