Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this passed weekend with some co-workers for a work convention in town. I've stayed in nicer hotels, but I've stayed in way worse also. The location was great, as it was right off the highway but situated to where even if you stepped outside you could not hear the highway traffic. The gentleman at check-in (I think his name was Mike) was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were on the second floor.. There is no elevator, which is probably a huge problem for some people, but wasn't for me. They have an outdoor seasonal pool and an indoor pool, which I didn't use so I can't comment on it. There is a sports bar called The Red Zone which we ordered pizza from.. It wasn't bad, but I'm pretty certain it was a frozen pizza.. The price was good though and they do deliver it to your room. They have a club type bar also, so unless you are into that scene I wouldnt suggest walking out front of the hotel at night, as all the night club patrons were congregated out there smoking. I did not hear the loud music from the club thorough out the rest of the hotel though, as one other reviewer mentioned.

The free breakfast was in the restaurant area, and I thought it was very plentiful for a continental breakfast.. Scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, homes fries, bagels and pastries and several different kinds of juices.

I saw that some guests commented on the condition of the beds.. I personally thought they were very comfortable, as were the pillows which seemed to be brand new. I loved the comforter.. It was very good quality, however one of my co-workers commented that it was like the lead blankets they put on you for X-rays as it was very heavy.. I thought it was comfortable though. The room was fairly clean, but could have been better. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm somewhat of a clean freak, so I may be a little overly critical.. But the shower could have been cleaner, and the carpet in the room was not vacuumed thoroughly. The flatscreen TV was fairly large for a hotel room. The air-conditioner worked very well.. I like my room cold, so this was a plus, but I also like my room quiet, and the unit was pretty loud.

We did have a slight issue with one of our rooms we booked.. The key card would not work in the door, which I did not realize until very late in the day when I returned from the convention, as upon check-in I just dropped my luggage off in my co-workers room. I went to the front desk to get a new key card, and the lady at the desk was not overly-friendly. I told her the issue and she said (somewhat begrudgingly) "Well, the card seems to be working fine, but I guess I'll just make you a new one." It was as if she were suggesting the problem to be that I didn't understand the proper way to use a key card.. Making me a new card without the snide comment would have suited just fine. The new card still did not work, but I was exhausted, so I ended up sharing a room with my co-workers (both men, but luckily one is also my boyfriend, since I had to share a bed with him). The next morning they did credit my room back to my company, and I just shared a room the remainder of the time. They said that the key lock on the door for my original room had a dead battery which is why it did not work.. Probably something they should have fixed before checking someone into it.

Overall it was a satisfying stay, pretty comfortable and the incidents that did take place were easily remedied.. stuff happens, I understand that. I would stay here again if I were in the area, and I would recommend it as well as it is overall a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Michael was helpful! I addressed some of the concerns mentioned with my department heads in order to enhance our guest experience. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Managing Director- Richard Sanchez

There are newer reviews for Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is definitely not a bad hotel... but it needs some updates and freshening up. I want to note that it wasn't necessarily dirty, but it felt stale and used. Paint peeling. Carpet worn. Broken grout around the tub and bathroom hardware. If I were to give it a star rating... I'd say 1.5 - 2 stars. Somewhere in there... but definitely not a 3-stars.

My main complaint about this place is the bed. Tiny, flimsy, worn out pillows with what seems like nylon pillowcases do NOT make for a good night's rest. lol Also, our room was apparently connected to another with a two-way door, which was locked, but not air tight. Light and noise from next door was pouring in from under the door all night!

What I appreciate about this hotel is the front desk service was great. Both staff members I encountered were courteous and attentive. That goes a long way with me. So, I'd say if you get it for a deal and/or are traveling with a large group, this would be a nice place to stay. But don't show up expecting a romantic or luxurious getaway. It is definitely not that kind of place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us. I understand guest room presentation was a concern, as it is for us. We’re in the middle of doing upgrades to our guest rooms and hopefully next time in the Bethlehem area you give us another chance. Thank you!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Rooms were not very clean. Floors needed a good cleaning. First breakfast the food was cold but could have been do to tops not being replaced on serving pans by soccer teams that were also staying in hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We’re glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problem you encountered. WE have addressed the dirty carpet issue and other issues with our department heads. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won’t be disappointed in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent staff! Traveling for the annual Allentown Soccer Tournament. We come to this area every year ~ this hotel was the best price so far. Our servers were knowledgeable as well as extremely helpful. Rooms were comfortable although 2 queen size beds would have served our purposes better. Thankful for the availability of adjoining rooms. Location was perfect ~ very accessible to restaurants/highway/gas and Dorney Park!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Bethlehem.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times, perhaps 5 times in the last few years. Good location with one of the best grocery stores nearby, Wegman's. Rooms are comfortable, but not updated and worn, giving a not so clean feel. Not dirty, just worn. (otherwise I wouldnt continue to stay)
Nice little sports bar with room for dinner and restaurant attached. I must point out that I've eaten here a few times and my meal was excellent! I'd have no reservation about recommending this restaurant on it's own.
DJ/Dance club was fun later in the week, to watch the older locals whoop it up.
Overall a good value, moderately priced and moderate comfort, but with sports bar, restaurant, and club, adds to value if that's of interest to you. If you're there for just a room, the worn carpet, etc may be overlooked if you can get a reasonable price. But it these times, I feel the value is good here.

Room Tip: no elevator, so consider that when carrying luggage up a single flight of stairs. Floors are concre...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ilookforward

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback; we would like to let you know that we’re completing a renovation that is replacing carpet, mattresses, tiles in all guest rooms and new fitness room equipment. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Best Western is a good hotel to stay at. It's clean and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast is very good with a number of food options to choose from. We found the beds to not be as firm as we'd like, but overall it's a decent hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments and hope to see you return soon to the Best Western.

Richard Sanchez- Managing Director

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stay here when we are in the area working. Most times we get the type of room we want. The accommodations meet our needs. We are treated well. The breakfast buffet is adequate and the staff there is excellent for the most part. This is a good place to stay in this area for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western. I appreciate your review; we really hope to see you the next time you are in Bethlehem area.