Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Clearwater Beach
“Fun visit”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Was up for a visit to my hometown for a wedding. Had a great time at the event. Beautiful ballroom, good food and great service. Property is a little dated but the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beachtravels s
ESBusch, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences about your visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valued and used to better our guest's experiences in the future.

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Southwest VA
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Room was nice and clean. Great continental breakfast was a plus. Close to shopping and easy access from Route 22. Staff was very nice and check in was a breeze!

• Stayed May 2012
ESBusch, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for posting your experiences about your stay. I are delighted to read my team and hotel services met the needs for your stay in the area. Thank you again for your kind words and hope to welcome you back again should you be in our area visting.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Have been traveling up to the area for the past year for work. Usually stay here because they have the best rate for the value in the area. Free full breakfast is included... yes eggs, bacon, pancakes.... not the typical continental fare. Internet is decent but they tell me they are upgrading it in the next few weeks. Still no flat screen tvs.

Its not the newest hotel but the service makes up for the older hotel. The staff is great all around and they seem to be getting better. Every person that walked pasted me on my past visit greeted me with a smile. They seem to be doing some minor upgrades which is good to see since I think an old hotel doesn't have to look or feel like an old hotel. Heard there was some new management there now which has infused some life into the staff, overall experience and cleanliness of the property. Seems to be going in the right direction.

Definitely my choice for accommodations when in the area for work.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ESBusch, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. As the new Managing Director of the property, its great to see how my team and property are progressing and that our guests are noticing it. I truly believe its the hotel's staff that dicatates the hotels overall sucess. We are slowing doing some minor improvements to ensure an enjoyable stay for all our guests. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our home soon again.

Simpson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I arrived at your location on Monday 4/30/2012 in the a after noon , the outside looked very well maintained .
I entered the Best Western Plus Lobby to check in, I noticed 4 maintenance personal staining the wood work through out the lobby area . I politely suggested some sort of ventilation so no one have to suffer from breathing the fume . I was told that the ladies at the front desk are cold and they would only get a little high . I think the management of this hotel need to be educated about protecting the guests as well as the employees by reading the label on the can so it can be properly used with out making me sick for my whole entire stay . I was very disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences. As the new Managing Director of the property, feedback like your gives me some insight to guests experiences that I may never get the chance to hear. Please accept my apologizes for your experiences as my goal for my hotels is to exceeded all guests expectations and in your case we clearly failed to do that. Your feedback has been reviewed with the team so we can continue to improve and not let your experience happen again.

Managing Director, Best Western PLUS Lehigh Valley Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

South Thomaston, Maine
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went for a 4 day dog show and every request we made was honored from their helpful staff.
Altho the hotel is easy to find, being from out of state, every other place was not, so we were blessed with the friendly, helpful people. Great room with wonderful beds and awsome shower.

Room Tip: 2nd floor would be good if not a smoker
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ESBusch, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. As the Managing Director of the property, I was delighted to see your satisfaction with the property but most importantly the level of service provided to you. I know we all here at the property thoroughly enjoy having everyone with your event at our property and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Managing Director, Best Western Plus Lehigh Valley Hotel
Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We booked here for a last-minute one-night getaway for my husband's birthday. We didn't plan on this being the destination, but rather our base camp. I booked through Hotwire, and was a little concerned when I saw the reviews.

Yes, it's an older hotel. And it does have some outside entrances, but in all honestly, I didn't mind that. In fact, I found it very helpful in unloading the car. It's right off Route 22, is easy on/off, and is close enough to be seen from the road, but far enough back that the road noise isn't bad. Location is decent in that it's not too far from a lot of stuff.

There is a bar and a restaurant onsite but we didn't use either, as they were being used by private parties/wedding receptions/etc. They have a nice looking pool, but it's outdoor, and was closed because it's too early in the season. They advertise an indoor pool on their website, but as others have said, it's next door at the Hampton Inn. I've used arrangements like that in the past, but in this case it's not like the hotel is immediately next door. It's a bit of a walk, depending on where your room is. Most people seemed to be driving over, which could be an issue if you're wet.

We arrived at 2, which is early for check-in, but we were given our keys immediately, which was a pleasant surprise, and everyone at check-in was very friendly. We were on our way to somewhere, so we took the keys and left. When we returned around 5pm, we let ourselves into the room, only to find the bed unmade, towels on the floor, trash in the cans, the prior occupants keys on the stand, and sliverware in the sink. When we went to the front desk, we were told it was a sell-out the night before and housekeeping was behind. This surprised me, as we were given our keys at 2pm, so I assumed the room was done. I've never been given keys to an un-made room. They said they'd take care of it immediately, and we had to head back out for an emergency that came up. When we returned around 7:30, everything was nice and clean. The room had a regular tv with a wide variety of channels (no LodgeNet!) and we had no problems with Wi-Fi. The room also had a microwave and fridge which was very handy. One complaint we had was with all the parties/weddings going on, it did get noisy. There were slamming doors, and audible music in our room well past12:30. We were NOT directly next to or above the restaurant area - we were a good bit down the hall. I don't blame the hotel personally, but it was a bit annoying, and while I'm sure they don't want to quell the fun of those who paid for it, I'm not sure if something can be done for people who aren't part of the party.

We got free full breakfast in the morning (scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes, and a selection of cereals, breads, fruits, and juices) which was a bonus. The restaurant was crowded with several different sports teams, but the staff did well with keeping things filled.

I would stay here again, and I'd recommend it to people who aren't overly fussy, as the hotel has ongoing renovations, and I know some people freak if the TV isn't flat, or if one or two of the splines are broken out of an a/c unit. However: I feel the star rating on Hotwire of 3.5 stars was a bit high. In it's current state, I'd give it a solid 3. Also, their "regular" rate is more than I would be willing to pay. It appears their bread and butter is weddings, conventions, etc. But if you can get a good rate with Hotwire or Priceline, and the hotel itself isn't your destination, then go for it.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the first floor appear to have inside and outside entrances. We actually found this c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funky-rat

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2012

the room was nice. price was fair and great location by the interstate. easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family