“Nice Hotel and good service”

The View Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel and good service”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed there during a visit to Dutch Springs. Got there late Friday night after a long drive. The hotel was very nice and clean. Ryan was very very accomodatind and helpful. Nice service. Good breakfast. It was a very nice welcome after a tyring trip on a Friday night... Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful comment!

Nicole Johnson
Comfort Inn Bethlehem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived there was nobody at the front desk... Only some cookies ;-)

We asked a few times, then wait... A few minutes and asked again... We heard a crunching cooking sounds and notice a girl eating a cookie in the back... We wait again a little bit longer and ask politely if we could check in (it was 7h pm or so...)

The girl seems unhappy that we bother her... Like we were disturbing her while eating her cookies... I guess we should have come back later!!!

She finally check us in... No welcome, no thank you for being a Diamond precious member, no free room upgrade, no information, nothing... Only : sign here and there... Here's your room key... (Probably thinking, please leave so I could eat some more cookies)

The room was nice, good shower, very slow Internet, nice flat screen tv, fridge & microwave...

Very expensive hotel for such average service and not so welcoming...

We went out and when we came back we had to say hello to get a weak "hi" (please let me update my Facebook profile...I don't have time for guest kind of attitude...)

Very disapointing once again!!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank benoitleblanc
I thank you for your comments and have worked on the issue with our guest service staff. Once again thank you, your comments help make us better at accomodating each guest that comes into our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed one night while visiting Dutch Springs park. There are 2 Comfort Inn's near Dutch Springs and I usually stay in the closer one, which this is.. The other one is about 10 miles out, but just as nice..
I was looking for a clean hotel with good service people and maybe a hot breakfast. I got all of that here. The staff is very nice and the surrounding area was quiet.
I had a hearty free hot breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words, we at the Comfort Inn Bethlehem take great pride in our service and bost about our wonderful hot breakfast.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 18, 2014

First the staff I met at the hotel was so friendly. Paul checked us in around midnight and made us feel welcome, he was so friendly and helpful. Ann checked us out the next day and was also warm and easy to talk to. GREAT employees, they're very lucky to have them on staff, especially Paul who will brighten up your whole day.
The hotel is within a reasonable, short drive from the Sands Event Center & Casino. There's a Perkins right next door, nearby restaurants & a it's a 5 minute walk or less across the street to a 24 hour grocery store. There was a fridge & microwave in the room, so we bought food from the store & made our late-night dinner with no problems.
Our room was clean, comfortable, cozy and fresh. No issues what-so-ever. LOVED the shower in the bathroom...roomy, plenty of shelf space, powerful, adjustable water pressure....couldn't have been more pleased. Loved the flat screen TV.
Had a great experience, felt safe in the parking lot, there were plenty of spots to park.
Excellent value. I prepaid the one night stay at $100 total...it was an amazing value. That also included free breakfast but I didn't partake since I opted to sleep in late.
Try this hotel out. I'll definitely stay again when I return. This was my second time in Bethlehem and this hotel was WAAAAAAAAAY better than the one I stayed at the first time.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 107 which was on the first floor, shortest walk possible from the hotel front desk...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time out to rate us online!
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We weren't looking for much except a clean, comfortable place to spend the night. From the outside this looks like a hold-over from the 80's. From the inside the rooms are nicely updated yet not fancy. Everything was clean, the beds and pillows were comfy, the room quiet and the front desk personnel were very nice (even got us a better price than what we reserved online!). The breakfast was better than we expected, offering eggs, sausage, cook-yourself waffles, bagels various hot and cold beverages, yogurt, fruit, etc. Quite a pleasant surprise and quite a bargain. Since we have students at Lehigh and Lafayette, we will be staying here again since it is convenient to both.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Hope to see have you stay again soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here 2 days during the Mid-Atlantic Region Robotics Championship. This hotel was very affordable. Had nicely appointed rooms, free WiFi (important for soon-to-be engineers) and an excellent hot breakfast. Hotel was a little hard to find coming from downtown Bethlehem as it is on a small street just off of Route 22. Next to a mall, so there were several restaurants nearby, a super market. While we were there the main residents were local construction company employees on assignment. Plenty of parking. Will definitely consider again for next year.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the parking lot and it was a bit noisy early in the morning as all...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RovingTaster
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking time out to review us!
NJ
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute for a much needed get away...It is 10 minutes away from Sands Casino and Outlet Mall. We have done the long ride home to northern NJ many times; it was nice to know we could just relax, have fun, and have someplace nearby to lay our heads instead of both of us fighting to stay awake on the road while driving home. Our observances are similar to previous reviews; all areas were clean except for some carpet stains noted in the hallway. Mattress was comfortable, but pillows were some of the worst I've ever slept on. Breakfast was included and consisted of the usual cereals, toast, pastries, powdered eggs, bacon, waffle-maker with batter, yogurt, juice, and coffee/tea. When I booked this room on the Choice Hotel website, I was annoyed that I could not get a King non-smoking room with my AAA discount, but I could get one without it for $39 more. When I mentioned this to Sandi at check-in, she very kindly adjusted our rate to reflect the AAA discount. Way to go, Sandi-you know how to attract repeat customers and good recommendations! We will be back! ;)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple