“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
NJ
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We found this place on tripadvisor and it got good reviews and the price was right. Glad we found it. Not the place to go if you expect anything fancy. Very basic accommodations but for the price ($65) that is fine. The room was clean the bed was comfortable and staff was nice. That's all I need for a quick getaway. The TV was old and the room seemed dated but for a hotel that had smoking rooms (ours was not) it did not smell at all. My only complaint was breakfast, that was terrible but there is a Perkins in the same parking lot so I am doing that next time. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2012

A unanimous vote from last year made us repeat this location for this year's family gathering. The staff was outstanding, friendly and available; breakfast was good and convenient in a lovely setting, rooms were clean and location is superb. It's 'off' the main road - but close to shopping/restaurants/casino. The rates are very reasonable. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here on an unexpected last minute over night business trip.
The check in was fast and easy. Around 12 am The clerk was friendly and personable.
When I opened the door to the first room I was given, there were rose petals on the floor leading
up to the bed. I thought I had been given the wrong room at first.
When Iflipped on the light switch it was apparent that the room had been used for a tryst and left uncleaned.
The bed was unmade and there were wet towels on the bathroom floor.
No big deal Ill just ask for another room. The clerk apologized and gave me a key to another room. I turned on the lights and at first glance it appeared to be ok ( and unused )
As was getting into the shower ( room 229 ) I glanced up and noticed black mold all over the ceiling. I figured I would be in and out quick as I was very tired after a long day and it was now almost 1 am. I turn on the shower and the shower head is pouring out water like holding your thumb over the end of a garden hose. Whatever its water and theres soap ill get clean and go to bed. After entering the shower there is black hair EVERYWHERE. Totally grossed me out !
I rinsed off as fast as I could and hopped out. After putting on my pjs I walk over to the AC unit and try to turn on the air as it was a little stuffy in the room. No power to the unit at all ! I cant belive it. I call the front desk and ask if someone can come up and have a look.
The nice young man says no one is there who can fix it but he will be glad to switch rooms for me again. Im really tired so I say forget it. I have to get up in five hours anyway.
Get into bed and its as hard as brick and the pillows were like they were stuffed full of marbles.
If it had not of been so late I would have left and found another room.
I suffered through and will never, ever stay her again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank New-York-st8ofmind

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Medford, NY
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent value . Good selection continental breakfast. Coffee always available. Perkins right next door. Several miles to downtown and casino but right near highway. Plenty of parking plenty of hot water. Hotel was quiet. Would stay again

• Stayed August 2012
Mineral, VA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You don't expect the lower end of the Choice Hotels range to be dynamite. Instead, you get a pretty standard offering, as uniform as the chain can make it. What makes one of these properties good or less so is how the owner and staff execute the chain model.

This Comfort Inn, one of two in Bethlehem, does a pretty good job all around: the staff is friendly and willing to help, the rooms and other areas are clean and well maintained, there is free wifi and a guest computer in the breakfast area (I used that extensively during our two separate stays) and the free breakfast is quite good with belgian waffles and... oh the biscuits and gravy. It's worth mentioning also that the breakfast is managed by a delightful older fellow who not only does a great job of keeping things full and fresh, but also is an enjoyable acquaintance during breakfast.

The location is approximately three miles from the center of town, but is near the main highway without highway noise.

Room Tip: Of the two Comfort Inns in town, this one is significantly less expensive, although a couple of mile...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed recently since we were up at Dutch Springs (about five minutes away) for diving. We stayed in a non-smoking room on second floor. Room was quiet and comfortable. It's not the Ritz- finishings are sparse and show their age (i.e. tv is not flat screen, carpet was fuzzy in places, etc.) Nice that room included microwave (we didn't use it though) and good sized fridge. Room was fairly clean- there were stains on the bedskirt. No signs of unwelcome crittery visitors. Bathroom jacuzzi tub was nice after a day of diving. Grout could have been cleaner in the bathroom. Plenty of hot water though and the ac worked pretty well, room temperature was comfortable. Glass enclosed shower was kind of strange though. Weird that there's no elevator! Breakfast was included- both days included some type of egg, biscuits, sausage gravy, make your own waffles, some fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads and pastries, and hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Amish country and then we were going to tour Martin guitar factory in Nazareth. I picked this hotel because of the location and I like to stay with chain hotels. The pictures and comments that I used on trip advisor were very helpful in making my decision. This hotel was very clean, convenient to highways and had a decent breakfast to eat and run. The king bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. The location was in a residential neighborhood so very quiet there. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#2 of 14 in Bethlehem
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem

Been to The View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!