“Great value for the money”

The View Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very convenient from highway. Good basic no-frills accommodation. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special (yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, waffle maker, discs of cooked egg, danish, muffins, cereals, whole fruits, juices, coffee, oatmeal, hot chocolate). Room could have been cleaner. Slightly musty smell in room, but not too bad. Very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay during Musikfest. Free shuttle to the Steel Stacks. When a 12 piece band took our seats on the shuttle and we had to wait for the next one, we were given a complimentary drink at the bar. Room was clean and roomy with 2 chairs & a small sofa and was available when we arrived in Bethlehem around noon. I asked Tyler at the front desk for a parking pass because I knew check-in wasn't for 3 hours. He offered us a room right away which worked out really well given we were on a time constraint. Free breakfast on Sunday morning was nuked eggs & bacon, fresh bagels, donuts, muffins or waffles with orange or apple juice and coffee or tea. Everything was fresh and there was plenty of it. Can't really complain here either. The Comfort Suites will be our go-to hotel for when we visit Musikfest again. The pictures on this website however do not do the hotel justice. The lobby is really nice & comfortable with 3 seating areas and the front desk has a snack room attached. Snack bags of chips etc are only $1. My only cons are, the hotel is smoke free and this is totally fine ~ in fact I prefer it. But there isn't a designated smoking area outside either. There's a smoking tube at the front door, but a couple of benches would be really nice. Also, our room didn't have a shower liner, just a cloth shower curtain which resulted in water all over the bathroom floor each time we showered. Other than that, we like our stay and the staff was amazing. For $159, I don't think it gets better than this.

Room Tip: Parking lot can be tricky. If you value your car, park away from the front door.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed here many times and have always been happy with the quality of the rooms and service. It looks recently refurbished inside. The staff are helpful and friendly and the military discount is appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MountainMan87
Reviewed April 5, 2012

On the road with family looking at colleges for our son. Sandi checked us in and worked to get two adjoining rooms which were perfect. With AAA rate the place was a real deal. Clean spacious and well maintained. Breakfast was super - service was even better. Hotel is on a hill and above Rt 22 noise so it was quiet. Centrally located to good restaurants and stores with supplies for the road.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing parking lot away from Rt 22
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here many times and it is always quiet. The breakfast buffet is free with a nice selection of food, and the mattresses seemed to be new when i stayed last week - very comfortable. I like that i can get a room on the first floor if i want (don't like the smoking section). The only negative is that there is no elevator. Also, they accept my dog for a fee and that's been very convenient.

Room Tip: Don't accept a smoking room unless you want to reek of smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hippolover
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights due to an unexpected family trip to the area. I must admit I had my reservations about staying here, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the room (plenty of space, sinks on the outside of the bathroom, mini fridge and microwave), the cleanliness, and the friendliness of the staff. The price was very reasonable, and a great value.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I honestly do not know why there are so many bad reviews for this Inn/Hotel. My wife and I, plus my Sister and dear friend stayed here over the weekend of 1/20/2012 to 1/22/2012. We live within an hour of this location and easily could have driven home everyday over the weekend, but we decided to book a room because it is just outside of Bethlehem itself.

The Inn was very clean, very comfortable, and the staff were friendly, hospitable, and eager to help. The decor was just fine...I do not visit hotels so that I can judge how good they are at interior decorating. Most folks want the four most important criteria: CLEAN, AFFORDABLE, COMFORTABLE, FRIENDLY.

The Comfort Inn in Bethlehem wins on all counts! Do yourself a favor and check this place out for a good stay...I am happy we did regardless of the complainers that are looking for a "free night" by moaning and groaning.

Room Tip: Get the 'king size bed' rooms. Roomy and comfortable!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family