“Great Value High Standards”

The View Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed here many times and have always been happy with the quality of the rooms and service. It looks recently refurbished inside. The staff are helpful and friendly and the military discount is appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MountainMan87

Reviewed April 5, 2012

On the road with family looking at colleges for our son. Sandi checked us in and worked to get two adjoining rooms which were perfect. With AAA rate the place was a real deal. Clean spacious and well maintained. Breakfast was super - service was even better. Hotel is on a hill and above Rt 22 noise so it was quiet. Centrally located to good restaurants and stores with supplies for the road.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing parking lot away from Rt 22
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here many times and it is always quiet. The breakfast buffet is free with a nice selection of food, and the mattresses seemed to be new when i stayed last week - very comfortable. I like that i can get a room on the first floor if i want (don't like the smoking section). The only negative is that there is no elevator. Also, they accept my dog for a fee and that's been very convenient.

Room Tip: Don't accept a smoking room unless you want to reek of smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hippolover
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights due to an unexpected family trip to the area. I must admit I had my reservations about staying here, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the room (plenty of space, sinks on the outside of the bathroom, mini fridge and microwave), the cleanliness, and the friendliness of the staff. The price was very reasonable, and a great value.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I honestly do not know why there are so many bad reviews for this Inn/Hotel. My wife and I, plus my Sister and dear friend stayed here over the weekend of 1/20/2012 to 1/22/2012. We live within an hour of this location and easily could have driven home everyday over the weekend, but we decided to book a room because it is just outside of Bethlehem itself.

The Inn was very clean, very comfortable, and the staff were friendly, hospitable, and eager to help. The decor was just fine...I do not visit hotels so that I can judge how good they are at interior decorating. Most folks want the four most important criteria: CLEAN, AFFORDABLE, COMFORTABLE, FRIENDLY.

The Comfort Inn in Bethlehem wins on all counts! Do yourself a favor and check this place out for a good stay...I am happy we did regardless of the complainers that are looking for a "free night" by moaning and groaning.

Room Tip: Get the 'king size bed' rooms. Roomy and comfortable!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The place was much nicer than the reviews I read led me to believe. So when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Not great, but decent. My complaint is the so called internet they supposedly had for their guests. I might have been online for a total of 10 minutes the whole 4 days I was there. I had one front desk person tell me a bad storm changed their service then on the day I checked out I was told they were hacked! Either way it should not take over 5 days to get that fixed! This isn't a mom and pop operation--Comfort Inns are everywhere! And I was told some rooms had better reception than others--if that is the case then I would refuse to pay my bill for the supposed internet services I was receiving--that is just pitiful!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

I understand the importance of having wireless HSIA in all guests’ rooms. During this particular stay we had just received word that our internet signal had been hacked into. I am happy to say that we have switched service providers and have not had any problems with our wireless internet signal since then. I would hope that your corporate group would visit our hotel again on your next area store opening.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stay here yearly (at least) due to a group get together. This year (early August 2011) most of the rooms smelled very badly - mostly of mold and mildew. The smoking rooms were pretty bad too - I don't know why hotels just make all rooms non-smoking, but I digress.
Many people in our group came down with 30-day coughs and lung infections due to the mold. It's possible there are liability issues here due to this.Obviously, renovation is necessary - carpets and air conditioning at least. Otherwise, always have fun here because our group basically takes over the hotel for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

At the end of September the Ownership made changes to the General Manager position. As the New General Manager, I have made sure to work closely with all aspects of the hotel, to ensure complete guest satisfaction. In speaking with the Head of Maintenance we found two different solutions to the problem. I am pleased to say the problem has been solved with the addition of new gutters and drainage system, and professional air duct cleaning. I am sure when your group arrives this August; they will have much better impression of the hotel under New Management.