“Best Escargo and Smoked Trout!!”

Hanoverville Road House
Ranked #105 of 352 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bath, Pennsylvania
“Best Escargo and Smoked Trout!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Burgers are great.. love the escargot.. smoked trout.. everything is great here. I had a blackened Salmon here with rice.. and also the petite fillet

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Samantha R

Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Lunch at the Hanoverville Road House”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

In preparation for Thanksgiving dinner, I stopped by to check out the facility because my mother is now in a wheelchair. This restaurant is staffed by experienced waitstaff, all parts of it are easily accessible by the handicapped, the toilets are clean (Hey, this is my Mom we're talking about, after all) and the food is yummy.
This homey, cozy place is just right for a family gathering but I as a single diner was made to feel welcome and not at all forgotten. There's enough room to maneuver a wheelchair or walker, it's warm and cheerful (the hostess is a doll) and the menu is very appetizing. I had one of the lunch specials, the fish (broiled or blackened) sandwich, which comes with cole slaw (a little too much mayo for me, but fresh, juicy and crunchy), chips, big slices of tomato and a hunk of crisp lettuce on a lightly toasted Kaiser roll. I added a cup of cream of mushroom soup (homemade). All the food was deeelicious and served at the right temperature, piping hot or well chilled, since these folks actually know what they are doing. Priming the pump in preparation for tomorrow's feast, I indulged in dessert and chose the honey nut pie with whipped cream (also available with ice cream). It's to die for. Sort of a tender, grown-up decadent granola torte with a rich, buttery cake on the bottom and salty cashews and pecans on top. Drool. I wanted more but I saved you a piece. Go. Really. Go soon... I'll be back!

• Visited November 2012
PA
“Always wonderful”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have enjoyed the food and service on every visit here. Their prime rib is (in my opinion) the best in the area. Prices are reasonable - you definitely get what you pay for!

Visited June 2012
PA
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice atmosphere you can actually dress up and not feel out of place here. Good food. Good service.There was no problem going with a larger size party either.

Visited July 2012
Sea Bright, New Jersey
“Worth finding!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A friend of ours who used to live in Allentown recommended this place. It was once hidden behind corn fields but has since had an industrial park built around it. Do not judge it by the location. Upon entering we were greeted with a really warm welcome and friendly smiles. Nothing felt rushed even though it was getting late for a Sunday night. Our round of cocktails were served prompt and with a generous pour, packed on ice... A wonderful start! The crab meat cocktail was out of this world!!! Very fresh and a portion that was almost a meal itself! Do not leave without having the crab cakes! I usually do not order crab cakes out because I have been disappointed so many times in the past. These are simply lump crab meat perfectly seasoned, moist and cooked to perfection!! Out of this world!! The steaks were cooked to order and were very tender. I wish we didn't live so far from this place!! But next time we are in the area we will be sure to stop by! Denise was our server and she was awesome!! Thanks Denise for making our night so special!!!

• Visited September 2012