“Why I haven't been there before?”

McCarthy's Red Stag Pub and Whiskey Bar
Ranked #5 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Irish, British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to McCarthy's Red Stag Pub and Whiskey Bar. Experience a taste of Ireland and the British Isles at Bethlehem's Celtic Pub and Restaurant. With authentic Irish and British Isles food made from scratch, a full bar, an extensive Irish and Scottish whiskey menu, and a family-friendly atmosphere, McCarthy's is the place for a true Celtic experience in the Lehigh Valley. Created to preserve Irish family traditions and memories passed down through generations, it is a perfect place to celebrate life's special events and everyday happenings.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I didn't dislike anything from the service, the tea, my salad, and my dessert. I am not sure why I had not visited this restaurant before. Excellent keep the good work up!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I visit McCarthy's whenever she comes home for a visit. I have brought friends here and every time I visit I always enjoy the experience. Our last visit was exceptional. My daughter and I and one of her friends from out of the area went to McCarthy's for tea and scones. My daughter wanted the bread basket that they served in the past but is no longer available. I asked our waiter, Shane, if he could put together a bread basket for us. Shane said that they did not have the baskets anymore. I said how about a plate? He fixed up a bread basket that was exactly how we remembered it. A plate filled with scones, different types of breads, butter, and three different types of jams. We each ordered a different type of tea and we shared teas and the bread basket that Shane had prepared for us enjoying every bite and drop. McCarthys has the best tea selection in the area and the food is also very good. We have had many visits here and food is always outstanding. McCarthy's Go Braugh and thank you Shane for accommodating our special request.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you have ever had a "real" Irish or "Scottish" breakfast then McCartjy's is the place for you. My wife and I have a vacation home in the area and quite ofetn head over to bethlehem for the day of for holiday events. We always make sure we leave early so McCarthy's is on our agenda for breakfast. Great irish breakfast, high tea or snacks and the coffee is "French Press" and wonderful. A real treasure and a chance to sit back in a fast paced world.

1  Thank Russell G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This tea house is located in historic Bethlehem.

The location has a tea house in the back of a Scottish item store. The tea house has breakfast and lunch and dinner. The teas are loose leaf and served in pots or by the cup. Crumpets, cakes, and muffins are on the menu for your tea. Sometimes a musician is there for entertainment. The waitstaff is kind and efficient. The location is clean.

This place has a nice local atmosphere to relax and socialize with friends. The food is well prepared and tasty.

1  Thank ExplorerXYZ
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The baked goods all looked so awesome I wanted them all! I settled on a scone with jam and butter. Fabulous! The Cottage pie my wife had and my Shepherd's pie were delicious and reasonably priced. The tea selection is Awesome. You can sample(smell) the teas before purchasing and you can also buy by the ounce to take home. The service was friendly and efficient, as we had many questions. Been to a lot of tea rooms and this one is the best!