“Gelato!”

Dave's Deli & Gelato
Ranked #12 of 12 Dessert in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stopped in at Dave's and had a tasty sandwich along with a gelato to finish off the meal! I recommend this deli totally!

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Called ahead for a pickup since I only get 30min, I ordered the special caprese sandwich and asked to add chicken. The lady on the other end repeated it back and told me it'd be ready in 20 min.

When I got there, it seemed crowded so I was excited - clearly this is a local favorite. That's where the excitement ended.

My sandwich wasn't even started yet, the ladies making the sandwiches shouted "she didn't tell us what chicken she wanted!" Then the cashier relayed the message to me in the same manner - basically blaming me when he should have been apologizing for the miscommunication.

I said whichever, it didn't matter and they made it with sliced chicken. When he rung me up, my sandwich cost me nearly $9! It was a $5-something special! How much is sliced chicken?!? Not one smile or thanks was uttered by the cashier, nor the needed sorry I was looking for.

The sandwich was dreadful. The bread was burnt black and soggy and the tomatoes were missing entirely. So much for my caprese sandwich.

Will not be returning here if they can't up their customer service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very nice place to go for sandwiches. Very healthy and tasty. Of course their gellatos put it up to a 4:)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Dave's always provides an enjoyable, casual dining experience. The service is fast and everyone is attentive to the customers. The food quality is high and the gelato is yummy! It's very convenient from the Hampton Inn & Suites and we will keep coming back and recommending others.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been here multiple times to grab a lunch bite and it's always consistently fresh, fast and friendly. My co-workers and I have tried many of their sandwich varities and they have all been awesome! Good quality ingredients and unique, tasty combinations. You won't be disappointed!

P.S. Try the salted caramel gelato - YUM!