“Big party great food”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 367 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were 15 people for an 80th birthday dinner, had a small room to ourselves on the second floor. Staff was very helpful and curtious. There was one waitress for our group that took all the orders drinks, dinner everything then she had help serving. We started out with cheese and crackers with cocktails then some flatbread pizza appetizers. For dinner almost all of us had something different lamb, steak, tuna, ribs, salmon, prime rib with sides of mushroom, mash potatoes, Roasted potatoes, carrots, asparagus and fries. The sides were large portions which we passed around. Everyone loved there entree and said it was cooked just right. I had the prime rib special my only complaint is that it should have come in a smaller cut 15-16oz. would have been plenty I had to choose between big 20-22oz. or bigger 28-30oz. that said it was great, doggie bag home. We had coffee and of coarse birthday cake which we bought and they cut up and served. I will be back here again to sample some of there other dishes.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, good service, good food at a reasonable price. We stopped in for a late lunch on a Wednesday afternoon and were promptly greeted and seated in the restaurant in front of the Fireplace, much to the delight of my Date, great place to be on a cold winter day. They have a limited lunch menu but enough of a selection to chose from, thankfully NOT featuring typical Bar food! Service was prompt and thoughtful, food was good and served with a bit of unsuspected flare. I was impressed and will be back...

1  Thank roadsidedinner
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I have dined at Blue on numerous occasions and the food is always good as is the service. Dined there last night with a business group of 11. We ate in a private room.

We started off with appetizers (calamari, spinach dip, oysters) which were all really tasty. I had one of the restaurant week offerings. Three courses for $29- an awesome deal . I had the garden salad, twin filets with mashed potatoes and dark chocolate cake with peanut butter ganache.

The food and service were very good. My associates were all very happy with their food. This is the second year that we dined there together .

Everyone wants to make this an annual tradition. Looking forward to next time.

1  Thank Ortho3311
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went here for a dinner party for work in June and again a week ago with my husband for lunch. For the work party we sat upstairs. For lunch my husband and I had a great table right next to a fireplace, very cozy. The décor is beautiful! For the dinner party I had salmon with a mango salsa, absolutely wonderful! Even the potatoes and asparagus was awesome! During the lunch visit I had the crab cake appetizer and pulled pork sandwich. The crab cake was very good. The pulled pork meat was good, but not enough BBQ sauce. Also, the pork had a slaw on it as well which was okay. My husband and I didn't like the bread that much either, very dry. He got a cheeseburger which he said was delicious. Overall I recommend dinner over lunch. Our bill was over $50 for lunch and we didn't get any alcoholic drinks, not worth the money in my opinion. One additional thing, the service was very good.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I wish Trip Advisor would add a "good" rating. We went on a Wednesday night with a business party of 12. We met in the bar area which is very nicely laid out. The service for pre-dinner drinks was mediocre at best. We then went into the dinning room which was also very nice. I knew that this was going to be a pricey dinner which was fine because this was on the company dime for a client that spends a lot of money with us. Just like any other high end Steakhouse, the prices are laughable. $84 for a 32 oz. Flintstones sized steak, $59 for a 16 oz. etc. etc. but like I said, not my money.

Again, the service was decent, not great. We started with the typical towers of seafood which included clams, oysters and shrimp. The shrimp were large but for $4,75 each, you would expect that. The clams and oysters seemed flavorless. The cocktail sauce was like mud and we had to ask for more as we were given tiny amounts. This was strange as ketchup and horseradish is not expensive. Not being a beef maniac, I opted for the Scallops which were simply "good" and plentiful. One person in our party had his steak delivered undercooked which happens. However, we all finished eating before his arrived back. They offered him a free desert.....wow, generous!

I am not cheap and don't mind spending good money when I go out to eat. However, I would have a hard time walking away from this place wanting to return, especially on my own dime. It was simply "good", nothing to rave about, nothing really bad to complain about. Just "eh".....