“Left wanting more but couldn't afford it ;)”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was extremely delicious! All 6 bites of it. The drinks were reasonable$ 9-$11. We didn't order appetizers. My fiancé ordered steak $38 he asked for horseradish sauce and we were charged for it $2 he also ordered a side of potatoes$12 . I ordered a chorizo /shrimp on angel hair pasta dish $31, which was so tasty. Oh, the bread was complimentary :) We didn't order dessert either. When we rec'd our bill I noticed I was over charged for my dish. I asked the waitress to please double check. She returned and said "oh glad you caught that ma'am the "computer" over charged you $15 dollars!!!!! That was it. No apology, she acted it like happened all the time I was just one of the lucky one that caught it. Soooo be careful.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Recently my daughter and I hosted a baby shower at the Blue in the Fireplace room. It was the perfect setting and Jessica P, the event planner, was awesome to work with. On the day of the shower we arrived and the room was wonderfully decorated, the staff was quite attentive and our guests enjoyed a delicious brunch with offerings that were quite plentiful. The stuffed French toast and spinach frittata were a couple of our favorites. Kathy, the lead waitress, oversaw everything with a keen eye for detail. Never once did we feel rushed and our day was amazing!
Thank you Blue for this memorable experience.

3  Thank JeanneK07
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We, yes both of us, forgot our anniversary, with our traditional restaurant booked solid. The Blue squeezed us in, and what a delight it was. The chilled avocado and crab soup was excellent, along with the grilled eggplant. The Saturday-only prime rib was perfection! And not to be out done, the complementary creme brûlée was the best I have had anywhere.

The portions are large, so sharing a dinner entry I recommend.

My wife is a martini fan, and the selection here is very good, along with stiff cocktails for me.

Go and enjoy!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Visited Blue for a date night during Bethlehem's restaurant week.
First, the decor and layout of Blue is outstanding-it is a quality place that you would expect to be in Vegas or Manhattan.
I'm sorry to say my experience was a case of "don't judge a book by its' cover".
Of course, going to an upscale steakhouse will come with higher prices, and with that you expect higher quality.
I will say that outright the dishes were well thought out...the executive chef did a nice job with the planning but the execution was not there.
I had the Crab Ravioli for an appetizer in brown butter.
The ravioli was overcooked and was swimming in the butter based sauce.
I still held my hopes high, however, because surely the steak at Blue would reign supreme.
It didn't. I ordered a steak done medium well, and it came out like leather (Over well).
On a positive note, the steak was seared well and had a nice crust, but again, overcooking at this level of dining is absurd. I didn't send it back or complain-because it was tasty.

Just saying, for the price and the level of restaurant, it could have been better.

I recommend trying it for yourself-maybe I got the wrong chef or Maybe i'm suffering from a case of too much Gordan Ramsay and Robert Irvine on my Tivo!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just got back from celebrating a birthday dinner. Birthday guest received a complimentary glass of champagne and a full-size serving of creme brulee. Not many restaurants still participate in helping to celebrate a special occasion, so this was truly a surprise. And, it was very much appreciated. The short rib entree was the best ever! Portion was fork-tender and was ample enough to warrant a 'take-home' bag. Yes, the place is pricey, but the restaurant atmosphere and the quality of the food certainly made us feel that our night out was worth every dollar spent. We will definitely return here.