“Nice New Patio Bar- Just dont expect service”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 348 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Nice New Patio Bar- Just dont expect service”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've been to Blue a few times before but this was the first time at the new patio bar. The ambiance is well worth it if its a quiet night and they are not too busy so you can sit and relax or if you want to be ignored. We went on a crowded Wednesday night. My friend and I went and sat at a table in the corner. THere were 3 large parties (6 to 8 people each) and another 4 seater. We watched as at least 3 waiters and the hostess catered to the larger parties as well as glancing at us but never coming over to us. Finally after 10 minutes my friend went to the bar to get us our drinks and ask for a waiter to come and take an order. Luckily we only wanted an appetizer because I'm not sure how long it would have taken if we needed to have menus brought to us. When the waiter arrived and we told him we got our own drinks he responded something like "Good Im OK when you put me ahead of the game". Nice service. We ordered a spinach/artichoke flat bread. It was Good if you like parmesean cheese because that was really all you could taste. Very little spinach or artichoke flavor. The waiter came by once more after we were finished with the appetizer to see if we were OK but left as my friend was in mid sentence talking to him. Once we realized we weren't getting any more service out of him I flagged down the hostess to get us our check. A little over $27 for 2 glasses of wine, the appetizer and really bad service. Not sure I'll go again any time soon.

• Visited July 2012

PA
“I'm over it”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've lived nearby for ages and had a bad experience years ago so I stayed away. Neighbors kept talking about how nice it is for drinks and appetizers so when restaurant week came up this week I thought we'd give it a try again. After all a week like restaurant week should showcasethe best food they have to offer as a way to entice new customers, and it wasn't cheap at $30 price fixe so why not. I couldn't have been more disappointed. They spent so much time, money and effort on making it LOOK upscale but the food wasn't even something I would put on my own kitchen table nevermind pay $85 for including tip. The calamari was swimming in a really really sweet sauce which either drenched and mushed the crispy calamari or hid it was reheated, I can't decide which. The salad underneath was fresh though. The baby back ribs were just awful, I thought they would be slow cooked and a specially prepared as a summer treat but they were dry and the BBQ sauce was vinegary and processed tasting. The chicken breast dish was rock hard at the small end which made me think recooked, something I never do at home. The sauce on top was good though. Dessert was ehhh, the chocolate cake was fine but the strawberry shortcake lookedand tasted like fresh strawberries Nd cream were placed on a store bought breakfast biscuit rolled in sugar and cut in half. The drinks were nice though.

It's pretty but thats all it is, I may go back for drinks but that's it. When I go to a restaurant I expect the chef to be better than I am, if I wouldn't put something on my table for my family then I expect a chef to at least treat paying customers the same way. I don't think that's asking a lot

• Visited June 2012
Palmer, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've had dinner here with my wife and lunch with business associates. The food is always great, the service first class, the price a bit higher than most Lehigh Valley restaurants (but worth it.) The difference between lunch (business meetings) and dinner, is that at lunch most diners look tired. At dinner most people leave lookin like they had a great time. That's ambience.

• Visited May 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Deviled Eggs?!?!?!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Who would have thought that Blue would serve deviled eggs. If you like them, get there out on the patiom order a glass of white wine and the deviled eggs. I've done a review on this restaurant and they've just raised the bar with the outside patio and some additions to the menu. Keep up the great work.

• Visited May 2012
Bethlehem, PA
“Special occasion restaurant”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very pricey but worth it! This is a special occasion place. Food is excellent, service is impeccable . One of the best placed in the Lehigh Valley to dine.

• Visited December 2011