“The Food Makes Up for the Service”

Nawab Indian Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“The Food Makes Up for the Service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

One of the better butter chicken's that I've ever had. We did have to wait for a table even though the restaurant was more than 1/2 empty and had to request menu's.

• Visited February 2012

Easton, Pa.
“First time for everything.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Not so.

After years of my wife trying to get me to try Indian cuisine I finally gave in. We are weekly visitors to the Sands Casino and Nawab is a short 5 minute drive away on 4th street downtown. We stopped by for a bite to eat before hitting the slot machines, and I'm very glad that we did.

My wife had been here before with family and friends but it was a first for me. This is a BYOB so we just had soft drinks and ordered a Meat Samosa for an appetizer. Samosa is a spicy ground meat served in a baked pastry and resembled big Fortune Cookies. Taste was excellent and I had already decided that I had been missing out on some good stuff all these years.

Main course was Shrimp Vindaloo for me and Chicken Curry for my wife. Both were OUTSTANDING, and served with an order of fresh baked Naan bread are more than enough to satisfy your cravings.

Owners and staff are very friendly and service was great throughout our stay. Reasonably priced for everything on the menu . Could really kick myself for taking so many years before I tried this local treasure. Don't make the same mistake I did, try dining here as soon as you can.

• Visited February 2012
Westchester County
“Fairly standard "family-style" Indian.”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nawab sits on a busy Bethlehem street near a night near the garish "Funhouse" nightclub and probably sees its share of inebriated revelers. In its rectangular "railroad" style dining room, it offers most of the standard Indian dishes you would expect. They are served "family" style meaning entrees are separated from rice which is convenient for trying and sharing. On this night the only huge miss was mulligatawny soup which was tepid and dull. Otherwise, samosas were crispy and tasty and main dishes were fairly good and reasonably spiced. It appeared to be a BYOB which is a frugal move and a helpful one given that everything served is basically a la cart including nan and palappam. In short, no fireworks but no major misfires.

• Visited December 2011
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Check out the lunch buffett!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

One of the best Indian food restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. I really enjoy their lunch buffet, so I can bring people who aren't as familiar with Indian food and they can try a little of everything. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Brandice M
“Amazing, authentic Indian cuisine!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Every time I come to Nawab I'm greeted by pleasant people and great food.