“Wonderful food, but cramped when busy”
Review of Jumbars

Jumbars
Ranked #60 of 360 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Pros- Everything here is home made and wonderful. The prices are reasonable- $5-12 for the average person for breakfast or brunch.Try a greek omelette and a grilled muffin. The hashbrowns are unique and quite good. Breakfast is served all day on Sunday. Cons- They don't serve dinner, the place is small so you may have to wait a bit for a table on a Sunday, and the service is okay, but when it's busy it can be confusing for the waiters. I would go later in morning or maybe on a weekday if you don't want to wait a few minutes. But, you may just hit it at the right time and have no wait.

1  Thank catladyfromPA18055

Reviewed November 28, 2010

Just ordered cakes and pies for an event. Everything was perfect, just as ordered!. Our guests raved about the cakes and had seconds and thirds. Brunch is really tasty too!

1  Thank linknyc
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We've eaten there twice. The first time, we were pleased with our food, although we thought the prices high for very basic fare, and thought the omelet choices tended to the artery-clogging. The second time, we never got to eat. After being seated, we waited for 45 minutes before being served more than a beverage - and this was not a particularly crowded day. Rather than be apologetic, the server huffed at us and explained condescendingly that everything is cooked to order (as if that is unusual in a breakfast place). They may have lost our order or made any other other garden-variety restaurant error - well, stuff happens, but they should have owned up to it rather than scold us for impatience.

1  Thank CasualFriday
Reviewed November 27, 2009

This family-owned and operated business is my absolute favorite in Bethlehem -- maybe in PA! Others have spoken to the inviting atmosphere, but I love the food just as much as the cozy dining room. The homemade english muffins will leave you unable to enjoy a store-bought english muffin ever again! There are unique creations like the Greenwich St special (Boar's Head turkey with sliced apple and honey mustard--mmm!!), as well as fantastic breakfast specials. The speed of service is not McDonalds, but neither is the quality!! I come here as frequently as I can and have never had bad service, nor have I waited longer than 40 minutes, with an average closer to half an hour max. I'm addicted to the brownies and have friends who swear by other various baked goods (all house-made!). My family lives out of state and this is one regular stop we always make time for when they are in town. Jumbars is the hidden shining star of Bethlehem! Try and become a lifer!

1  Thank RainyDayJenn
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Jumbars is a cute little place and I love the atmosphere BUT we have have been there twice and both times the food is very disapointing. $9.00 for 2 eggs, 1/2 cups of large diced potatoes and one slice of toast not worth the atmosphere. The service today was horrible! The server was rude and walked away before I was done tellng her my order. We will NOT be back.

1  Thank lizzk18055