“Depends what you're looking for...”
Review of Jumbars

Jumbars
Ranked #74 of 352 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Depends what you're looking for...”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I went for breakfast. Short wait. Dining area is tight, about as big as my living room. Felt very cramped. Food was pretty good: prices are higher than a diner, portions are smaller than a diner. Crowd was mostly younger couples. For breakfast spots, I prefer bigger portions and don't like to break the bank. Decent food but I wouldn't return. I would recommend this place to my wife and her girlfriends, but not hungry grown men.

“Bring a newspaper”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Not a greasy spoon diner where everything tastes the same. Great home fries! We bring the paper with us and read it while waiting for a table and then for our meal. We only go when we want a relaxing morning and we don't have any plans.

“used to love it”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I always go to Jumbars for the unusual. This time I had the special....pumpkin pancakes. I tasted no pumpkin and was so disappointed. Also, the coffee was weak...as if it was watered down. Now this is at 9 am, so coffee should be hot and strong. For the price and the quality, I won't be back. The positives are that the waitress was good, ambiance is wonderful and restrooms are clean. Funny thing is that I was at a local diner last week and had fantastic pumpkin pancakes (reasonable price, good waitress and no ambiance...)

• Visited October 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Three strikes and you're out”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Today was our third attempt to try and get breakfast here. We haven't made it to a table yet and will never try again. My wife and I stopped a few months ago on a Sunday after church. There was a 45 minute wait. I understand it was a Sunday and congratulations for having such a successful business. We figured we would try again on a weekday. On our morning walk, my wife and I purposely walked in the direction of Jumbars on a Monday morning, only to find they weren't open. That's two strikes!!! Today we tried once more. The place was full. Again, congratulations for filling all the tables. As we stood in line, a customer entered and barged right in front of us attempting to talk to the hostess. As I pointed out to the customer that we were waiting in line, the hostess told us we should call 15 minutes ahead to reserve a table. At which point I said, "we are no longer in line." We'll never try again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Michael P
“Bring a book or deck of cards”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went to this place on Sunday around 9:30. We called ahead 10 minutes before got there. They told us 25 minute wait. We waited for 35 min. After we finally sat down and ordered, we had to wait for another 40 minutes. Food was OK, but not worth waiting. My husband said their bacon was very greasy and nasty. The staff was nice, though. They should organize the place.

• Visited September 2013