“The absolute worst waitress”
Review of Looper's Grille & Bar - CLOSED

Looper's Grille & Bar
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“The absolute worst waitress”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been to Looper's a bunch of times and I've never had an issue, but my most recent experience was a complete disaster. My server started off my taking my drink order and asking for my license. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then when she returned with my license, she forced me to give her a card to "keep my tab open." I have never been required to keep a credit card at the bar, but maybe the policy changed so I gave her my credit card. I then noticed that no one else was being asked to keep their card at the bar. I also happen to be non-caucasion. This upset me a little, but my date talked me out of my suspicions. Then she brought the drinks - but she brought me the wrong drink. She took it back to correct her error, but spilled the drink all over the table and just walked away. She did not return. One of the bartenders brought me my drink, but still didn't clean the mess. Then a patron bumps into my table and spills my drink. I had no issue with this; I understand accidents happen. Then a second bumps into my table and somehow manages to break my drink glass. I decided to move to the bar. At the bar, the bartender replaced my drink and I was fine. Then, my lovely waitress (who, I forgot to mention earlier looked like she just rolled out of bed and decided to be a server. Very sloppy appearance. Definitely not the traditional Looper's server look) was cleaning off a table in back of me and while bringing the glassware back to the bar, spills one of the drinks all over me. We looked at each other and she completely blew me off and tried to walk away. I asked her to bring me a napkin. She said, "sure" then proceeded to ask a bartender for a wet rag, and began to clean off herself and the bar, then again tried to walk away. I caught her and asked her some napkins. She did not bring them. I left immediately after.

• Visited January 2014

“Large drink selection”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've never understood the allure of Looper's..while they have a very large beverage selection, especially if you like martinis..the food is so so at best and I feel they are way overpriced considering the location

• Visited October 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“surprised, by quality”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we ate here for our 27th aniversary. the food was good , actually very good. they seem to take pride in their food. 2 complaints, they do not sell wine by the bottle. i never understood why any restaurant would not want to take advantage of this. also serve bread with dinner. i really like bread and believe this place would make sure if was high quality. these 2 things would place the restaurant in the fine dinning catagory

• Visited June 2013
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Outside smokers”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The food was OK, the staff was terrific, the prices were reasonable, the smoking that is allowed in the outside patio was unexcusible. I would never sit there again.

• Visited May 2013
“Should be shut down!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

They treat their employees absolutely terrible! Although their food is descent, the owners of the restaurant have no sense of morals. After being employed at the restaurant I have seen fellow waiters and waitresses being fired without any knowledge of it. People are giving their schedule through text and if they don't want you back...they won't ever text you back! I was working for them for several months as well as worked with one of the owners as a coach for a local lacrosse team; I was then fired from Loopers at the end of the season because Paul/the owner didn't want to pay me for my work. This isn't even legal but unfortunately he knew I was going off to Africa and was hoping to get away with it. I am never one to start trouble but people need to know the true face of this grille and bar because it is by no means the respectable place they say they are!

• Visited June 2012