“Good food at a great price”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #42 of 361 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I always like food and I get so stuffed that I have to get bakery stuff to go. I can never eat it after my meal.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

the meal is what you would expect, nothing outstanding, but still good. the service last night was stellar.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place opened fairly recently and I looked up the menu online. Typical all-American offerings, just like Denny's, IHOP etc. I signed up for their e-mailing list and got a coupon for something, so I used it just before it expired. My boyfriend and I went really early, around 7AM and the place was deserted. Still, though, the service was very slow. I ordered pancakes and eggs and he got their jumbo Belgian waffle. Admittedly, I really did like their pancakes, some of the fluffiest I've had and the eggs and bacon were decent too. My boyfriend thought his waffle was standard (neither horrible nor delicious) but for $8 he expected a lot more. We are both convinced he paid mainly for the Perkins branding in the center of the waffle. Our bill was slightly cheaper because of my birthday coupon, but even with it, we still felt it was an expensive breakfast for typical food and unexplainably slow service (15+ mins for our breakfasts to arrive).

1  Thank Dee B
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I eat at this Perkins probably once every few months. The value is excellent, you never leave hungry and at a good price! Food service is quick and the wait staff is usually short, sweet, and to the point.. and that's perfectly fine with me. I always take notice to the manager here--he's always very friendly and welcoming. You can tell right away that he's a perfect fit for a restaurant manager, and that always makes me happy to see.

Recently I ate here and received and consumed undercooked food. After several apologies from my server and the manager himself, I was given a new plate of food. I am NOT a person to send food back. As a matter of fact, that was the first time that's ever happened in my life. But my point is that normally servers and managers are ridiculed for things that are out of their control. In this case, it was the kitchen's fault. And as long as the situation is handled sincerely, I will never bad mouth a place about a simple mistake.

Not only do I work in a restaurant myself, but I'm a college student studying Hospitality management and I'm a firm believer that poor experiences at restaurants/hotels/stores can always be uplifted by friendly and genuine customer service. My server that day earned her 25% tip from our table... and it was because she was polite, down to earth, and provided excellent customer service.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say a single bad thing abt the breakfast experience I had. Cheap and great selection. Free muffins to taste...yes sign me up. Loved our waitress right on time to clear the tabke and add refills. NOISY on the weekend too many kids around :(