“Food was hot and shrimp were a plenty”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #44 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Food was hot and shrimp were a plenty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

My gf and I ate at Perkins yesterday. We were greeted immediately by Heather. She was pleasant and asked us if we wanted a booth or table because the place was only 30% full. For a Black Friday, this was weird. Two minutes later Brenda brought us water. Three minutes after that, Brenda returned to take our order. I had the Captains Catch (again) and my girlfriend had the stupid pot roast. One minute later my house salad came out. All fresh, cold and with just the right amount of Ranch dressing: it wasn't drowned. Four minutes later, out our food came. Only four minutes! As anticipated, my girlfriend said, "The pot roast was more onions than meat." The cost of meat gets handed down to the consumer. Whatever. My dish was excellent. Four butterfly shrimp with panko breadcrumbs and onion rings. Two small pieces of fried whitefish and a huge amount of fries and clams. This dish comes with a roll and butter, tarter and cocktail sauce. I asked for Tobasco and extra napkins only once and Brenda brought them to me right away. Okay, it wasn't crowded but only waiting for four minutes for food? And three minutes for our order? This is a good thing. My girlfriend had a piece of lemon meringue pie and of course it was great. I've eaten at several Perkins and I can tell you, no matter what the seating capacity is, they hurry things along.

• Visited November 2011