“Great homey place, great food, and nice staff”
Review of Thai Kitchen

Thai Kitchen
Ranked #100 of 352 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Great homey place, great food, and nice staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Have eaten here and ordered take-out at least 20 times in the last 4 years and have always been very happy with our meals and service. Being a celiac, I have many issues with added out of the jar sauces, pastes etc, but I have never had a problem here. It is a tiny place but it's neat, clean and pleasant. Like you are visiting your mom's place and brought friends home for dinner or lunch. It's a great casual place to enjoy some delicious home-cooked Thai food that actually tastes good, and makes you feel good afterward. If you are looking for some fancy, polished place head over the bridge to Thai Thai 2 which is overpriced and the food is not as good or authentic.

• Visited July 2011

Barto, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced, lousy food. Terrible service in a dismal atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I just got back. We went to this place to use a coupon we'd purchased through restaurants.com (spend over $45, get $25 off your order).
We walked in and the place just smelled smoky and dank. The waittress wasn't all that friendly. We ordered more food than we normally would just so we could hit the $45 threshold for our coupon. Even so, the food was overpriced. $10 for a bowl of soup???

The appetizer arrived - I don't remember what it was called. It was basically two chunks of chicken breast on sticks and some peanut sauce. $10 for this. Not that I care that much about presentation but it looked like two turds on a plate when it showed up. How was I to know that it would all be downhill from here?

Then the tom yum gai soup... meh. No kick. No real flavor at all. And the veggies in it were not fresh. I've had much better at chain Thai places.

Entrees... my wife got a curry dish. It was basically some onions and chickens floating in coconut milk with a blob of white rice. Flavor? Nope. Forget that.

Mine was some drunken noodles. No flavor. Also... where are the noodles? I guess there were a few here and there. The vegetables again were long past the point where they should have been served.

At one point the waittress came by. We were both sitting there with empty glasses. "Is there anything more I can get you?"

And... the kicker... they refused to honor the coupon. The coupon clearly stated it had no expiration date. We'd only bought it in March. "Oh, we ended our contract with restaurants.com last month. They ripped us off." Okay... so now you have license to rip us off? They didn't even offer to meet us halfway or do anything for us, even when we told them we wouldn't be coming back. That's just incredibly stupid customer service. Any decent restaurant would have known that losing out on a couple bucks on the coupon thing is better than totally alienating first time customers. And hey - the coupon actually WORKED from their perspective - we only came there because of the coupon. Well, lesson learned. We're never going back here and we're sharing our experience with others.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Buckaby
New York City, New York
“Average food - poor service”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

By looking at the interior and furniture, the restaurant runs with low operation budget. An additional door should be helpful to winter-insulate the main door. The peanut salad is overpriced. For $5 you get lettuce, tomato, and boiled egg slices. I will never order the salad in the future. For entrée, I ordered Chinese-style shrimp and baby corn stir fry, fish red curry, and vermicelli (thin/transparent rice noodle) stir fry. The fish red curry has a generous amount of salmon and asparagus beans, but shrimp and baby corn stir fry is disappointing (for the price I paid $13, it has only a couple of shrimps). There is not much choice of Thai restaurants in Lehigh Valley. Food is average taste. I wish I lived in Manhattan. The reason we went to Thai Kitchen is to use the $25-off coupon.

1 Thank gaby_pa
east coast
“Great authentic Thai”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

If you want, romance, ambience, this place is not for you. If you want, great fresh Thai, then come here. Excellent family-owned place. Food was delicious. Highly recommended.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“cozy but not a huge fan”
Reviewed January 6, 2008