“Good Old School Italian”

Sal's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #45 of 354 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 15, 2010

When Denizens of the Lehigh Valley authentica Southern Italy Italian they head to Sal's. Seconds after being seated the garlic break arrives smothered in whole chunks of Garlic and ubiquitous oil. Great bread and great flavor but we must have gotten ones left over from lunch because they were not remotely hot. We sat at one of the bigger booths and where given hostile eyeballs but where allowed to remain since it was just after five. If you go at a busy time and only two your going to be crammed against the wall at a small table, there are only about ten tables in the restaurant. My Chicken Parm was as it should be, big and tender with lot's of cheese sitting over good spaghetti and decent but not spectacular sauce. For $13.95 the salad was included and the blue cheese dressing was fresh and "delish." The cannoli for desert was a nice touch and dead on!!
Anytime I am in the Lehigh Valley, I'd recommend Sal's.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

recently tried Sal's after reading many great reviews. Me & my family have had pizza from MANY places in Bethlehem & Easton - we all agree that Sal's in THE best.

our first try we had the Sal's gourmet pizza (artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms) and the antipasto. as an added bonus we got a free order of warm rolls with olive oil & fresh garlic. all were great.

our 2nd time around we ordered Sal's Sicilian - I am not a big Sicilian fan- but this one was excellent- not a doughy crust- just right. Both visits were take-out- but I would love to dine at Sal's- although it's small- it is a darling authentic looking Italian restaurant- looks like it belongs in NYC. Definitely give this a try.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

I went to Sal’s last night with a party of four. Since they do not take reservations, we expected to wait a little while. There was a six person table open, and after two more four person parties showed up behind us, the maitre’d sat us at the six person table.
After placing our drink orders and looking over the menu, the maitre-d told (not asked) us to get up because a six person party showed up (remember, no reservations). We then had to stand up and wait another ten minutes for a four person table to open up. We did not receive an apology or anything complimentary. If you want good food in Bethlehem, go to Mama Nina’s, which is owned by the same family, but the side of the family that knows how to respect customers. Once you seat a customer, you NEVER ask them to get up

4  Thank rsmot
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We were visiting Bethlehem to tour Lehigh University. It was Sunday and a few places were closed and others had long waits. We had to wait a little bit at Sal's, but it was worth it. They were very nice and the food was delicious. We liked the pasta dishes.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

My family recently found Sal's through TripAdisor. Since its right on the way home from work, we decided to try it. What a nice surprise. We are pizza junkies and this pizza fits the bill. Great crust, not super thin but not too doughy. The sauce is super fresh tasting with a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. The cheese is perfectly arranged and is creamy and delicious, no rubber cheese here. This past weekend we decided to go for dinner. We were greated by warm and friendly servers and seated quickly. The restaurant was very nicely dimmed with soft music and old world Italian charm. I would guess that they have roughly 20 to 30 dining tables. We have heard this place is busy so we decided to arrive early for dinner around 5 pm, and 15 minutes later, it was standing room only. A plate of garlic bread/knots was placed between us almost instantly. It is BYOB and we brought our own but had we not, no worries, we would have been offered a generous glass of complimentary wine. I had a special of the evening, stuffed rigatoni with chicken, ham, mushrooms and spinach in a creamy white wine gagonzola sauce. WOW! Is about all I can say. With my meal, I also got a small house salad with greens, tomatoes that were fresh and black olives. I was very happy. My husband had the penne ala vodka with chicken and it was absolutely wonderful. My meal was $19.95 and my husband's was $16.99. I almost forgot that at the end of the meal we received a complimentary canoli. It was just the right size and it was delicious. We have been looking for a nice little Italian restaurant with good service and good food for about 20 years here in the Lehigh Valley and finally, we have found it.

2  Thank eak30