“Sadly even Wegmans sushi is better”
Review of The Other Fish

The Other Fish
Ranked #84 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Seafood
Nazareth
“Sadly even Wegmans sushi is better”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went here with an open mind because there are lots of good reviews, but was highly disappointed. The service was good and the server was very nice, but the sushi was terrible. I ordered 2 rolls which were entirely too spicy with too much wasabi in the roll itself. It really did over power the roll and the rolls seemed to have much more rice on the outside than a typical sushi roll. Since I did not like what I had ordered, I ordered a shrimp tempura roll off the top of my head without looking at the menu again. I figured that would be a safe staple of mine so again I was optimistic about that. However, when it came out the rolls only had shrimp in it, nothing else no cucumber, avocado, carrots etc. it was very boring! It was also way overpriced for what we got and we even used a gift certificate from restaurant.com so we feel we didn't have much to lose.

The salad I ordered was pretty good and actually a decent size. It seems like the place is trying, but there are much better places to get sushi around the area. I highly recommend going to DM in Easton or Hana in Nazareth or Twenty Four East a few blocks away from The Other Fish.

The place is Byob which is always a plus and they do have outside seating which is nice. When I first heard somebody say even Wegmans is better, I laughed but I totally get it now!

• Visited June 2014

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Nice in a Pinch”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is definitely not the best place for Sushi but if you are in the mood for Sushi in downtown Bethlehem its ok. It is not great but pretty good. Plus it is a BYOB. The owner and the sushi chef are very friendly although the service can be weak. You can be forgotten if it gets busy. The miso soup and salad are awesome with a unique taste. The rolls are bland however. The atmosphere is fun.

• Visited April 2014
PA
“BEST Sushi Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We've been to The Other Fish many, many times, and each time we were very pleased. Never a complaint. Service is excellent (Yuri is AWESOME!!!). The owner and sushi chef are very friendly. The location is right near beautiful historic downtown Bethlehem, a cozy "hole in the wall" place with a good number of seats. Always, always busy; fun bustling atmosphere; BYO. HUGE menu, lots to choose from, and there is always something new either on the menu, or an interesting special for the night. We've had just about everything on their menu and it's all great. The quality of the fish, seafood, and the other ingredients is very high. If you sit at the counter, you can see for yourself because the glass sushi cooler is right there. This is one of our favorite places and we'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
Bethlehem
“Great sushi !”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you're looking for fresh sushi in a very casual atmosphere then this is the place to go. Don't go there expecting any frills because there are none. The bathrooms are very small and in need of updating. The sushi chef does a fantastic job as do the waiters and waitress's. We had Yuri as our waiter and he couldn't have been better. He's extremely knowledgeable with all the menu items and he can give you all the information you'd need to help you make a decision on what to order. He will ask you what you like and he goes on from there. So if you're looking for a kick back evening with great sushi, bring your drinks and settle in for a fun evening.

Visited November 2013
Baltimore, MD
“Unimpressed.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Interesting menu and very good service; unfortunately, the food did not live up to expectations. Ordered several different types of rolls, including the night's special, and miso soup. Miso soup was excellent-- generous portion size, hot, and flavorful. It went downhill from there-- the taste of each roll was indistinguishable, as they all involved some kind of sauce that detracted from the taste of the fish. Speaking of fish, there really wasn't much in each roll-- think mashed/ground fish mixed with mayo or spicy tuna sauce, rather than the slices of fresh, delicious, raw fish that are (in my opinion) the reason to eat sushi. These rolls reminded me of the type you might find at a Chinese buffet-- passable as an entree accompaniment, but in no way worthy to be the centerpiece of a meal. Finally, this is one of the most expensive sushi places in the Valley-- four rolls and two miso soups came to about $56, not including tip, and rolls included only 6 pieces instead of the standard 8. Would not return.

• Visited December 2013